cops - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Angry cops

So how many people have actually run from the cops and what's the success rate? I recently had the urge after blowing by a speed trap at triple digits. I then thought of all the cops episodes I'd ever watched. Should I slow or go? I kept on it and made it to the exit and quickly got off the interstate, and flew the rest of the way home to put her in the garage.

I'm still kind of worried that they might have seen my plate or something....what are your thoughts?

Who has similiar stories or knows any loopholes in the procedure for cops pursuing bikes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 PM

First off, it is incedibly stupid to admit to a crime you want to get away with online. Your local DA knows how to use google.

There are no nationally collected statistics on the escape rate of people who flee, for very obvious reasons. If you are going to do it, make damn sure you get away. Here is what your choices look like.

1. Get a ticket. Possibly a very expensive ticket.
2. Flee and get cought. Get charged with speeding, felony fleeing, reckless driving and anything else they can throw at you. Thats right, a few of them will be felonies. At the very least you will loose your liscence and it will cost you a shit load of money and get some community service. There is a good chance you will get some jail time, as well as loosing your bike.
3. Flee, and the office behind you blows a tire hits a tree and dies. You are now responsible for his death and are going to jail for a very long time. I dont think its right, but I dont make the law.
4. Get away completely free.

Make whatever decision you will, but this are your options.

Last edited by Vash; 11-14-2007 at 04:17 AM.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 02:49 PM

I got my first ticket about a month ago. 54 in a 40 in a rural area near where I live. The guy who pulled me over had a police SUV (which is why I didn't see it in the first place) and I just took the ticket and didn't say anything. I could've shot... there is no way a police SUV can keep up with my bike on a road I know pretty well but I didn't want to die or get caught so I pulled over. I went to court two weeks later and didn't say anything in front of the magistrate since I was wrong in every way for speeding and there wasn't anything I could say. They reduced the charges to 45 in a 40, no points, and I paid $110 and left.

Just grow up and take it next time. You're even older than me..

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:16 PM

I agree running from the cops is extremely stupid, and I would never do it myself.

But - I see nothing wrong with taking prudent and safe evasive action if you suspect you are ABOUT to be chased. That's common sense. My favorite move is to shield myself with a semi, pull over to the right and let him pass me as the cop flies by on the left of the truck, and immediately take the next exit.

If you have lights in your rear view mirror, you stop. If you don't but think you might shortly, then, hey.

DISCLAIMER: The Tee is describing hypothetical situations only. Any relation to an actual event is purely coincidental.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
First off, it is incedibly stupid to admit to a crime you want to get away with online. Your local DA knows how to use google.
Which is one of the prime reasons the Tee will never link his real identity to his online identity. Although the Tee doesn't have criminal intent, there are many other people besides the DA that can google, and the Tee simply doesn't want them to know what he's up to.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Best to pull over - all part of the game.
If you run, ANYTHING could happen - http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MTV&SECTION=US

post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 PM

You're an idiot with absolutely no testicular fortitude. Please leave the gene pool immediately.

That is all.

Truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it; but, in the end; there it is.

Winston Churchill

http://www.cortavine.com
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM

if you think you might be being followed I don't see any reason to try to get off at the next exit and pull in to the gas station to fill up at a safe speed in all. But once the lights are on you pull the Frack over. aslo why where you doing tripple digits in a speed trap area. tripple digts are for the track only.

I'm not saying I'm perfect but
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash

There are no nationally collected statistics on the escape rate of people who flee, for very obvious reasons. If you are going to do it, make damn sure you get away. Here is what your choices look like.

1. Get a ticket. Possibly a very expensive ticket.
2. Flee and get cought. Get charged with speeding, felony fleeing, reckless driving and anything else they can throw at you. Thats right, a few of them will be felonies. At the very least you will loose your liscence and it will cost you a shit load of money and get some community service. There is a good chance you will get some jail time, as well as loosing your bike.
3. Flee, and the office behind you blows a tire hits a tree and dies. You are now responsible for his death and are going to jail for a very long time. I dont think its right, but I dont make the law.
4. Get away completely free.

Make whatever decision you will, but this are your options.
5. Die trying to negotiate a turn too fast; make local headlines as an example of what not to do.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 AM

6. Crash and dont die. Spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair, never able to get some again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode