Exhaust clearance - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust clearance

So here's my new problem of the week. I like the stock exhaust on my F4i... its quiet, kinda ugly, but solid. However I drag it on the track at not incredible lean angles so I've mounted up some sort of Scorpion high mount yesterday. Its alright, kinda loud, but the midpipe gives my left foot no room whatsoever so I have to tuck it under the brake pedal when riding and when I hang off to the left I have my whole leg touching the pipe so I sortof catch on fire since I don't have the heat shield piece. It also doesn't help that my rearsets are higher and farther back than stock.

So what's out there that gives me the ground and foot clearance I want and isn't uber loud?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:02 PM

I have Yoshimura RS3 full exhaust, and it has far greater ground clearance than stock exhaust, and it is not high mount. I haven't scraped the yoshi yet becouse stock footpegs scrap earlier, I have never touched any part of the pipe with boots, altrough i regulary touch the swingarm with heels. I can not tell you more about ground clearance till i get higher footpegs which is not going to happen anytime soon
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM

Look around for a heat shield. We used them a lot on our modified street to road racing bikes, before true road raceing bikes were avaliable to a few or us, to dirt comp bikes for ages. True the above is not the answer to everything so looks like you have to aim at a better exhaust system.

So take a look around at the next Track Day & see what others are using or have done. Most of us are not Track Day riders so answers from us are limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode