heyy guys,squid here and this is ma very first post! im so exited!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

heyy guys,squid here and this is ma very first post! im so exited!!!

heyy guys my name is Aidan you can call me ayyydon lol,but i am relitivly new to motorcycle's i have had a few dirtbikes and raced for a year or two.ever since i saw a sportbike fly past me when i was around 4 or 5 i was completly ubssesed with motorcycles,i dont have a bike YET,but i am planning on getting a 600cc within the next 2 or 3 months i would really like a CBR600RR some were around the 03 to 05 range or a daytona 675 i wanted to be able to get as much info as i could before i get a bike i know a 600 for my first bike might be a bit much but i already have a some experince with motorcycles(i know dirtbike's are tottaly differnt but at least it is some kinda experence)i know if i get like a lesser bike i wont be happy with it.
what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Joke post?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

why do you say that?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Honestly? I didn't think you'd seriously post something so idiotic and be serious. Guess I was obviously wrong.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

well f^ck sorry that i wasnt born with all the smarts you think you have.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 04:22 AM

I think what Vipes means is that you should take some time to read the new riders section, especially the stickies at the top of the page. You've already admitted that a 600 may be too much to start on, yet you've come here looking for validation. Except for a few younger riders, you won't find support for the idea of starting on a 600, which you seemed to know when you posted.

With the amount of information already here on first bikes, many of the long-time members get frustrated when someone asks a question that is already covered extensively. Occasionally, Harley guys come trolling here and post something silly to get people worked up, then sit back and watch the firestorm. Your post appears to fit the troll routine.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 AM

mkeeney's right. Were not trying to bash you or anything. Your hear looking for advice and thats what were gonna give you. We all LOVE to ride....Safely. Riding on the street is a breed apart from dirtbikes. The dirtbike experience will DEFINITLY help. Its like driving a car that people dont often keep an eye out for. All were trying to do is keep you riding....cause thats the point right?

That being said....an sv650, any 500cc are the starter bikes of choice for most on the board. I see you are already going to buy used....great idea! Now you dont have to ride these bikes for your whole life. Even just a few months on em is better than nothing and you can often sell them for damn near what you bought them for.

I realize vipes posts might have been a little harsh but you have to understand that there are so many threads on first bikes. doing a quick search of the board and you will likely get the advice you were searching for and it will save you some typing

so theres my advice, take it or leave it. Keep the rubber side down.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Xx954HxCafexX
you can gain some smarts by first learning to be a lil humble and realize you are not ready for a 600, try a small displacement bike, trust me im shure your worried you wont be the koolest kid on the block, but youll be learning and that really what you need to do first. dirtbikes are dirtbikes, a 600cc sportbike is a street legal race bike, way more bike than you should have between your legs.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Gee I wonder if I could find my first post that was very similar to this, maybe not cuase I didn't make one or it got deleted.

Anyway My first street bike was an 01 R6. I had years and years of dirt bike expereince. So I went out and at least bought a used bike. got a great deal on it. Crashed it two days latter. haha no not really. Didn't even ride it till late march of that year. I rode that bike for a year before I wreck it. Almost exactly one year after I got it. I wrecked becuase I was inexpereinced rider on a track. I was riding above my abilty. had nothing to do with the bike at all. I lowsided at between trun 1 and 2 at jennings GP. But its all an expereince thing. I could of saved it. no problem.

now I have an 05 R6 track bike. and an FZ1 steet bike.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 AM
Strength and Honor

Welcome

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode