Rear seat cover? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Rear seat cover?

I am looking at purchasing a colour matched rear seat cover for my 2007 Ninja. I am wondering if anyone else has purchased one of these and found it to be a waste of money? I am looking at about 100 bucks and I dont know that I want one that badly. Any opinions are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:38 PM

Personally I would put the $100.00 into something necessary like help to pay for tyre or tyres, sprockets to chain, even the cost of oil to fuel when riding. Rather then make the bike more attractive.

Last edited by Smitty; 11-11-2007 at 09:09 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 PM

i agree. it will cost you extra to colour match a seat than its worth. get some flushmount turn signals or something....anything that lights up and is functional hahaha

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
Whenever I think about putting something on my bike I ask if it'll help me corner better, stop better, or accellerate better. If the answer is no to all 3 questions I pass. 95% of the time I decide to put the money I'd have spent on a part into more track time. The only mods on my bike are a damper and ss lines.

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
My bike came with one, so I didn't have to make that decision. However, when I got wrecked, that was one of the parts that was broken. I ended up buying a new one, because my bike has become notorious for having the "b!tch eliminator kit" installed (no rear pegs, seat cowl). Not only that, but I personally think it makes it look a lot better. But that's jut my opinion. I won't disagree with everyone else who says spend it on something effective, because that is sound advice. But aesthetically, it's a good addition. And it makes it more aerodynamic too. I think.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Xx954HxCafexX
i like my gsxr interchangable seat cowl or rear seat!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Strength and Honor

Yeah, Kawi's cheap I'd not buy a new one but keep an eye out for a used one if you opt to pick on up. I think $75 is the going used rate, shipped.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 PM

I just got one as a birthday gift. I like the look and rarely ride anyone around. Makes a convenient excuse for people at work as to why I don't parade them around the lot...no seat for ya!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 AM
jab

I got a cowl for mine. Looks cool and all. Heres why its worth the money to me. I hate giving rides, Im cool with killing myself but just as soon not bring someone else along. It makes it easy to just say, Id love to give you a ride, but I cant, no back seat. Rear seat cowl=100.00---keeping the curb monkeys of your bike=priceless!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode