m3's mounted - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

m3's mounted

got my new m3's mounted last night then rode 40 miles home in the rain, got to love maine weather, if you dont like it wait 5 min and it will change.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Strength and Honor

What did you have mounted before? After you've gone a few hundred miles, do a compare, please! The M3's aren't oft talked about so any info would be helpful.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 AM

i hear ya kanwisch. curiousity got the best of me and i got a pair of the M1's just before the M3's came out. been nothing but impressed.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

previosly i was running the m1's and i liked them they held the road good , i did have the rear slide a couple of times and the front did also but that was the only times it happened to me, unlike the dunlops that was on the bike when i bought it now those tires really sucked i will never buy dunlops. about a month ago the rear tire was gone cord came through so a buddy of mine who owns a small shop put a bt014 on the rear and that tire felt realy good very sticky, i did notice it handled different not bad just different but that is to be expected with mismatched tires on it m1 on the front and bt014 on the rear.
even riding home in the rain with new tires straight down the highway taking it easy it felt tight, after putting about 150 miles on it all i can say is WOW these tires are great , a huge upgrade from the M1's these tires handle great and are sticky, a friend has a set on his bike and said he is getting good milage also, iam hooked i will probly continue to run the m3's from now on. i feel no slide and feel planted to the ground ,and when warren balanced them the front took no weight and very little on the rear.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Strength and Honor

Well, has anyone gotten a mileage estimate on how long they'll last?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

I have put over a 1000 miles on them and showing no wear yet looks like they will have a good life compared to the others i have run, got cought in a downpoor and cant believe how well they held the road it was unreal i found myself going as if the roads where dry and these tires held great. I found what i will be running from now on.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 05:55 PM

This is off topic but anyway...

Warren runs a great shop. Can you believe how much business he gets? If I were him I would have nightmares of going in to work.

I just really want a bike with a turbo, because their are those times when you pull up too a stop light next to a cop, and I think a really loud PPTTTSHIIISHHHHHHHH would make his day. =P
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

yes he does and he is the best in the area and most honest and dedicated, close friend of mine also so kind of bias.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode