New Bike for me. GSX600rr or Yamaha R6r(short exhaust) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

New Bike for me. GSX600rr or Yamaha R6r(short exhaust)

honda cbr600rr is 2g cheaper than the yamaha.
which one you guys like the best?
thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 11:34 AM

first its a CBR600rr not a gsx. and if its your first bike almost everybody on the board will recommend a 500cc as your first bike. if you still want a 600 then get one used. dont buy new for your first bike. unless you got bottomless pockets. if thats the case then i need some shit for my bike. oh and do a search there have been many threads on this kind of thing, you might find more answers there.

buy honda
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 03:41 PM

First off u really need to figure out what bike ur are looking at.
CBR600RR (honda)
R6 (yamaha)
R6S street (Yamaha)
GSXR600 (Suzuki)

And then there are those green things.

I'm not sure but if u are serious about doing riding Honda 600rr has some issues with scraping farings when leaned over. I don't know if the new model has fix that problem yet.

Like said above if this is ur first street bike there that is way to much bike and us should start at least with a used bike. Not to say u can't start out on a 600 and be ok I did. I started out on an 01 r6 which I wrecked at my first track day. I then got an 05. But I have has years of dirt bike expereince. Even then these guys here told me to get a 500 or so. Of couse I didn't listen but I did I didn't choose a 500 or smaller. but everthing else I did. There are a lot of knoweldgeable folks on this board. Also if u are young u may want to check on insurance first before u by a new bike. Cause rates can vary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode