My side fairing is melting and warping. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

My side fairing is melting and warping.

My Ninja 650 has developed a 7 inch round impression up by the scoop. Its started out small and i thought maybe a car door hit me while parked somewhere. The middle of the dent is where the inside mount screws to the bike. Looks to me like the metal is getting pretty hot behind there. The bike is 3 months old and i am pissed. Anyone have this problem? Would Kawi cover a replacement fairing? There is another impression starting towards the bottom.

Only on the right side, the left side is fine.

Last edited by afraid; 07-24-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Get straight onto the dealer or local Kawi rep.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Going to try to post some pics.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Best pic i could get in the light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00274.jpg (411.3 KB, 149 views)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Yeah take it to the dealer ASAP. My gauge cluster plastic started to melt, but thats because I put on a new windscreen, and it focused the light more.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Like the others----take it to the dealer & better still the dealer your bought the bike from or at least take along your bill of sale. Obviously this is a flaw on your bike only or a flaw on many of them which will make it a Factory Recall to be sent out to others. Things like that have happend to some of the Big Four Jpn makers to even Italian, German, Spanish, to British m/cs.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

They ordered new plastics for that side. No cost me
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 AM

I am glad to hear about them ordering the side, & if from the dealer that you bought the bike they will install it as well for that will be under the warantee that Kawasaki have on the dealers. Even if another Kawasaki dealer it will still be under their job as a Kawasaki dealer.

When my Honda 929 clutch was screwy it took a while to get them to admit it North American side to possible world wide. Still the Honda dealer folded up & the Honda dealer that took over did the installing of a new clutch & another small job as well, that was a factory "recall" bit of the year 2000. I could have taken the bike to ANY Honda dealer in North America. Proof that the Jpn makers stand up to their products

Had you bought a m/c from Korea or especially China you would have been still sending letters with no results.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Use non expanding insulation to glue thin strip foam insulation in place(inside). Cover with heavy duty Al foil.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
jd7

my speed4 started missing,then would clear up.I had it at the dealer 3 times. they pulled the computer,fuel pump,injectors,all kinds of shit.I was getting ready to go hit the dragon,and was getting pissed.I asked,told,and demanded that they pull the s.plugs on it.after 2weeks they found the problem..bad plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode