What luck... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

What luck...

I just bought a new 07 gsxr 600, black/matte black on wednesday.

I just ordered some Motivation frame sliders today.

I just got back from a ride I decided to take at 11:50 or so.

During this ride I was taking some back roads that I hadn't taken before (bad idea at night). Everything went fine, I kinda got lost but found my way back to some general idea of where I was and need to go. Now I'm on kinda familiar ground, just puttin' around and decide to take this side road. I soon realized there was no painted lines on this road (bad idea at night), then I noticed a "no thru trucks" sign, I thought to myself "I'll turn around at the next turn". (BTW, there are no lights what-so-ever on this road) Well, that next turn came a lot sooner than I thought it would. What I was hoping for was a turn "off", but instead I get a 90* turn, with no warning at all. I was going straight, and guess what's in front of me? A CEMETERY!! I was going about 35mph, and only had time to pucker. There's a drop from the road onto dirt, I took that fine. I started to slowly brake and then WHAM! I hit a ginormous hole which seriously upset the bike, then right after that I have to stop or else run into a TOMBSTONE, at which point I laid it over as gently as I could (I was kinda tossed off ) So, I stood it up, it cut off naturally, I checked what I could see of the damage (couldn't see much), cycled the ignition and then she started right up. Backed her out up until that ledge that separates the road from the dirt, then did a X point turn and drove outta there. Then stopped at a gas station to check out the damage. From what I saw, the stator cover is scratched but not dented or anything and the lower fairing is slightly scratched. Alright, so I'm pissed but glad it wasn't worse and wish I had those frame sliders sooner!!. I start to head home.

On my way home I get pulled over for doing 60 in a 45. Officer notices the temp tag, asks me how long I've had the bike and if I was endorsed. I tell him, he takes my license back to the car and checks everything out. He says "Everything checks out, just be careful out there. Have a nice night" unk So, I was stoked about that. Then headed home.

Small incident at a stop light that cycled 3 times before it turned green. Some guy in a Benz pulls up beside me and his (presumably drunk) friend starts yelling at me as he's hanging out the window, "You're on a bike, GO FAST. You're on a bike, GO FAST. Why don't you go FAST!?" I just look at him and then turn away an ignore him. Then he decides to insult me and call me a fag for wearing gear...? I chose not to even dignify him with a look.

Thank god, the light turns green and I get the outta there with a twist of the wrist and (WENT FAST, CUZ I'M ON A BIKE!)

Anyway, that's my tale of a friday night. Pictures will come when I get the chance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 PM

Shit really does happen in 3's huh.

Glad you are okay. And on the new 07's aren't the side fairings like 3 pieces? So shouldn't they be cheaper to replace. I have an 05 and the whole side is one piece at $645 for the anniversary sides. Needless to say I have some divits and marks on mine LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode