Gixxer or r6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Gixxer or r6

Had a 500cc ninja for 2yrs now ive narrowed it down between 06 r6 or 06 750 gsxer.
Whats your 2 cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 PM

both great bikes (IMHO)...

Not sure if the R6 comes with the steering damper, but the gixxer has a stock one (and its not bad actually)...

I'd see which one is more comfortable in terms of seating position and go from there.

My 2c =)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 03:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
there is a guy selling an 06 r6. MINT!!! akra full system, steering damper, and a few more goodies. check out 1000rr.net, and just do a search in the for sale section.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 AM

They are both great bikes, just go with your personal prefrence
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:25 PM

I was actually looking at the same two bikes (well, the 600R) today and was able to sit on them side by side. One thing that I noticed right away was the shifter on the R6 was too high for me. I had to really pull my toes up to get on top of the shifter whereas on the gixxer it was a natural position. Not sure if the peg or shifter could be adjusted or not and salesperson couldn't answer that question. I decided on the gixxer, so now just looking for the best deal.

Glenn
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:54 PM

I have a Sixxer, my Bro in law has a R6. I like the lines of the GSX-R far better, I like the incorporated turn signals and the seat in my opinion is a lot more comfy stock. Mine is an '05 and his is an '04. The GSX-R sits more natural to me.

Notice How I am saying ME, ME, ME. Get the point. It's really what's comfortable to YOU. Don't worry about power, and speed, these newer 600's are outrageous on the power scale for their size. I am looking to step up to a 1000 just because the wife likes to ride along, and we plan on taking really long trips, so it would be nice to have a little more low end torque.

Go with what you want, the spec's on these bikes are already crazy for the price.

Ohh on a side note. Suzuki's come with the Passanger cowl if you like the look. Yamaha's you have to buy it seperate. As well as the dampner. I think you get more bang for you buck out of suzuki if its comfortable to YOU.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by golfinglenn
I was actually looking at the same two bikes (well, the 600R) today and was able to sit on them side by side. One thing that I noticed right away was the shifter on the R6 was too high for me. I had to really pull my toes up to get on top of the shifter whereas on the gixxer it was a natural position. Not sure if the peg or shifter could be adjusted or not and salesperson couldn't answer that question. I decided on the gixxer, so now just looking for the best deal.

Glenn
The shifter is adjustable on most every bike, and its fairly simple to do, as well.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 10:56 AM

That is what I figured. Some of the other factors that swayed my decision was color, asthetics, feel, etc. I don't think you could go wrong with either bike, just personal preference.

Glenn
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 05:37 PM

As firefox said the gear change lever can be adjusted & the same with the brake pedal, to the clutch & brake levers. Those are just set-ups by the shop & rest is to personal taste.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

How much faster is the gsxr, i no a lot has to do with the rider and what not, but is it much faster or just a lil
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode