Crash Video - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Crash Video

maybe this has been posted before, but here you go.

http://www.pandachute.com/videos/fir...torcycle_crash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 AM

Best part is, it was nobody's fault for the accident....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WSU Tony
Best part is, it was nobody's fault for the accident....
it was ruled nobody's fault? because it is the black car that lost control's fault for not paying attention to the cars in front of him causing him to lose control.

but yes we have had this one posted before....although it has been a while.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Meat_Shield
it was ruled nobody's fault? because it is the black car that lost control's fault for not paying attention to the cars in front of him causing him to lose control.

Watch the back right tire of the car..... He was hardly breaking enough to lock up the wheels and spin almost 180 degreese backward.....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Meat_Shield

He was not breaking hard enough to spin 180 degrees back at the cycle..... Are you sure he didn't loose pressure in a tire...?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WSU Tony
He was not breaking hard enough to spin 180 degrees back at the cycle..... Are you sure he didn't loose pressure in a tire...?
The car is at fault, something did happen unexpectedly to the wheel but the driver was responsible for not being in control of his car. If you look at the front wheels of the car before the bike hits you'll see that they are turned sharply to the right that is what put him in the bikers lane and the main reason behind the collision.

Also the biker could have made a better decision rather than going with instinct. It looks like she could have accelerated pass the car once she saw the front end starting to drift her direction or possibly even swerved to the lane the car was in and follow the car until enough room to pass on the left. I was once in very similar scenario, ignoring instinct (the urge to stop in front of the car) and speeding up was the best decision I ever made.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 PM

seriously he pulled the E brake. its quite obvious to me . pulling the E brake trying to tokyo drift in traffic means yes its his fault.

as u can see the rear tires lock up (E brake) and the car does a 180 (impossible to do in a FWD car without using the E brake).

Last edited by OldLadyKiller; 07-19-2007 at 01:47 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM

wow

Wow that's messed up. I agree that it looks like the ebrake was pulled (whether by accident or not?) since it's the rear wheels that suddenly lock up. Who knows why the f that happened.

As for the girl, I also agree with whoever said it looked like she could've gone behind and then left of the car. I've fortunately never been in a situation like that, but I can imagine it's pretty difficult to fight that instictive urge. That kind of shit makes me wish I had a better way to prepare myself for these things.

Scary stuff
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:17 PM

good thing is that her head didnt get caught under the ford tarus's back left wheel
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM

another pointless thought

No new info here, but just thought this to myself. When I sat and watched the video at first I thought damn, if only she had reacted the other way and followed the left. Then I realized, I overlooked the fact that the idiot driving the car really could've prevented the whole thing by steering into the skid like you're supposed to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode