Bike trashed, hopefully new one coming - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Bike trashed, hopefully new one coming

Well friends, as i'm sure many of you have experienced this, i got hit for the first time. Was sitting at a red light and got rear-ended by some idiot not paying any attention in his piece of shit sedan. It's so frustrating that there are so many people out there that are just retarded on the road. The bike is on its way to the shop tomorrow to assess the damage, but from what I see (and i'm no mechanic by any means) I'd say it's done for.

It looks like the frame got bent and if that's the case, I don't think I want to ever get back on it, which is why i say its done for. The guy that hit me wants to settle out of pocket, so hopefully a nice fat check is coming my way.

It was a 99 GSXR 750. When this all gets settled, if I do end up picking up a new bike this summer, I'm looking towards honda. I've always felt real comfortable with anything made by honda. I'd also like to get on a yamaha R6 too just to try it out.

Not really sure where i'm going with this, fellas. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Stories to add? whatev

I'll try and get some photos of the wreckage up if anyone's interested to see. later all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM

Re: Bike trashed, hopefully new one coming

Oh, man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Did you receive any damage yourself? Anything worth chasing him for???

Here's cheers to you getting back on the road soon with a new set of wheels.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 06:52 PM

Damn dude glad you're alright. That ass better cut you one nice check. Where was your accident? I used to live near Solon before I moved here.

I'm always afraid the same thing will happen to me out here where I've never seen such stupid people driving cars, except, like, Chicago. I always stay in gear and leave a little room between me and the person in front so I can move if someone is coming up fast. No one else I ride with does that, but ah well.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:05 PM

Its always bad seeing something like this when it was not your fault. No matter how much experience you have on a bike, things like this are hard to avoid. In Minnesota we are taught to watch our rear view mirrors (side mirrors will work!) when we stop in the winter.... To try to avoid this same occurance.

Since your already thinking about a new bike, you seem pretty confident about getting a new bike. <-- Thats a good thing.

Best of luck with the nice check coming.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 08:30 PM

Glad to hear that you are okay!
Too bad about the bike, but at least the guy is going to cut you a nice (hopefully large ) cheque.

Why not throw some pics up of the damage?

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 08:47 PM

Hell of a loss, but you came out of it okay & you have him by the short hairs. I am sure the insurance people will write it off & with a bit more you can latch onto an '07. I have been rear ended by so many cages that I would hate to count & in my cases they went on meaning "hit & run" incidents or did not carry insurance. so all my costs.

Hope you do not meet up with those that INTENTIALLY run you off the road & to them that is funny to see.

Last edited by Smitty; 07-17-2007 at 08:49 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

couple pics

Here's just a couple pictures of the damage if anyone cares to see.

EDIT: alright i guess i don't know how to attach pics. i tried looking for another forum to explain it real quick but didn't find one. yea yea i know, i suck. little help?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

HELP

Latest Update:

I just called the bike shop (Suzuki Northwest of Hilliard OH) for the 2nd time now, and they STILL have not even touched my bike. It has been there since the 19th I think. This is incredibly frustrating, as I have now been without the bike for a few days short of a full month. I feel like they are just putting my bike to the side until they get a break in "real" paying customers.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? I feel like there is nothing I can do but wait for them to get around to it. I have called them twice now, and they won't give me a ballpark date of when they'll finish it by each time. Is there anything I can do!? I'd be fine with them just calling it totalled and being done with it so I can at least get on something else before the season is completely gone. I desperately just want to get back on the road!

HELP!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM

contact the guy that hit you. tell him you're tired of not having your bike. tell him he needs to get a hold of the shop and get it taken care of or you'll have to contact his insurance company. if that means he has to pay them a little extra, then that's his problem. the burden should be on him, not you.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:29 PM

Re: couple pics

Quote:
Originally posted by BMXnasty
Here's just a couple pictures of the damage if anyone cares to see.

EDIT: alright i guess i don't know how to attach pics. i tried looking for another forum to explain it real quick but didn't find one. yea yea i know, i suck. little help?
To attach a pic:
  • open the "type post" box (reply, new thread, whatever).
  • Type your post. Must have at least one character in it.
  • Scroll down to the "attach file" section. Click Browse.
  • Find the file and attach it.
  • Hit Submit.

You can only attach one pic at a time. For multiples, you need to use Photobucket, Imageshack or similar.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode