new bike plans - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

new bike plans

ok, the people on here seem to know what there talking about, so im open for suggestions, im 17, 18 in 5 months, and ive been riding since i was 14, right now i have a FZ1, and its getting old, so i drove my friends 05' cbr600, around a walmart parking lot, im not a stupid kid, and i havent even came close to an accident,..ever. i rode this bike and i am IN LOVE and i want it reeally bad, and he said i can buy it for a very low price, i am totally confortable riding it, is this smart, owning two bikes, and jumping from a fz1 to a cbr600? my insurance is 100 a month if it helps with anything, just in case owning 2 bikes affects your insurance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 AM

How is it your 17 and can own two bikes? Do you not have plans for the future (education?)

The reason you like it is because you did not hit the powerband while in the parking lot...... An FZ1 to an RR is not that big of a jump, so I guess I cant grill you on that.... as long as you have owned this fz1 for a while now and your not bsing like other people on this forum!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by WSU Tony
How is it your 17 and can own two bikes? Do you not have plans for the future (education?)

The reason you like it is because you did not hit the powerband while in the parking lot...... An FZ1 to an RR is not that big of a jump, so I guess I cant grill you on that.... as long as you have owned this fz1 for a while now and your not bsing like other people on this forum!
no bs, it just gets old, and not for a while, its brand new, just not what i was looking for, not enough get up, and im going to a near-by community college for two years, and then going into the marines, and "bsing people" are pretty much defined by DeanMckaneR6 lol, i owned him on his first thread

Last edited by black07FZ1; 07-12-2007 at 05:45 AM.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 AM

Send some cash to your ole uncle Dusty and everything will be fine....1000.00 to start with............................................. paypal to [email protected]
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ARKninjaZX9
Send some cash to your ole uncle Dusty and everything will be fine....1000.00 to start with............................................. paypal to [email protected]
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 AM

you need a turbo 14...and a Y2K jet bike
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
I'm a little confused here. Your FZ1 should have more power everywhere in the powerband than the 600RR. The FZ1 has a serious motor in it, its just a detuned version of the old R1 motor if I remmeber correctly.

I just don't understand how you'd notice more get up on the CBR, especially in a parking lot where the RPM's aren't getting near that CBR's sweet spot.

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bittersweetryan
I'm a little confused here. Your FZ1 should have more power everywhere in the powerband than the 600RR. The FZ1 has a serious motor in it, its just a detuned version of the old R1 motor if I remmeber correctly.

I just don't understand how you'd notice more get up on the CBR, especially in a parking lot where the RPM's aren't getting near that CBR's sweet spot.
but im not looking to get rid of my fz1, im just bored with it, want something else, the cbr600 is visually

uhm astounding
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:27 AM

So your buying a CBR just because it looks better than your current bike...interesting...
Im not gonna judge you for your decision...but some people just have toooo much money...
Why don't you donate to the "Buy Firefox a bike foundation" ?

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM

If you want it, go for it; you seem to have a pretty level-head.

However, just make sure you have all your gear first. Two bikes with no riding gear is a definite NO NO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode