Best bike for me - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Best bike for me

Ive been riding a kawauki ninji 500cc for about 2 years and im looking to upgrade to a bigger faster bike. Will a 750cc be to big of a jump, i just dont want to have a 600cc and be dissapointed with the power. These are my line ups in no order. Which is best for me( im guessing that this will be all over the map but lets see.)

Kaw 600/636
Yam r6
Suz Gsxr 600/ 750
Trim 675d
hon cbr600rr

ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 02:32 AM

Considering we really know nothing about you, it'd be hard to say what your next bike should be. IMO, some may agree or disagree and it all in the end depends on the rider, a 750 wouldn't be too big of a jump. Hell, some could pull off jumping to a liter. It just all depends on the responsibility of the rider and how much experience has been gained.

You really can't go wrong with any of those sportbikes these days in terms of performance and reliability. My advice would be go sit on them and see which is most comfortable to your riding style.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 03:02 AM

A 600 not having enough power? I kind of doubt that since you will never get it all down on the road anyway. Other than that go with what Vipes said. Sit on'em and see!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 AM
TMP

Quote:
i just dont want to have a 600cc and be dissapointed with the power.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL..... Have you ever ridden a current 600???
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

no
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pokerchris00
no
No kidding. And with your "not powerful enough" We knew you hadn't, it was a rhitorical question.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 11:13 AM

Go with a F4i 600 Honda or the all new CBR600 RR that is the best 600 ever!

if you must go with a 750 the best one will always be the suzuki, and the new one is awesome dude!

Hang around some older riders and learn from them, and ride with them to learn how to stay alive on the streets, riding no matter how old you are is always a learning experiance, and experianced riders know to be willing to learn more.

Never ride in the center of the 2 track in the road it's called
"the oil drip dust and nail groove" right where every motor drips it's oil and all the dust and debris collect, I watch so many harley riders ride right in it and riders who have not learned about it's danger.

Ride with a strategy of self preservation! It's you the bike your riding and the road and it users who might kill or mame you!

Learn to ride in both of the tire tracks and when to choose wich one is safer for other people to see you, such as when approching a hill you are generaly safer when in the right track as you crest the hill because of the other vehicles in the oncoming lane could be over the double yellow and hit you, I have seen so many harley riders ride side by side over hills and oncoming vehicles almost hit them, you think they would learn that strategy and stagger themselves as well.

Riding in the Right Track also allows Oncoming Traffic to see you better when somebody in the Oncoming Traffic is About to Pass vehicles, the may jump out and not see you when your in the Left track, so many riders stay in the Left track when Oncoming Semi Trucks are coming towards them, this is downright stupid!! they are asking for trouble in the form of wind gust, a flying rock or debris, or a miscalculation of the oncoming truck drivers wheel.

Self Preservation Tactics must be paramount when riding a motorcycle, just use common sense and learn from other Smart Riders who can teach you something new!

Get a 2007 suzuki 750 gixxer dude and have fun!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 11:18 AM

Also when riding in the Right track if their are people coming off side roads to your right or backing out of driveways then consider switching over to the Left Track so they can see you better or sooner, constant awareness of where to be seen better and sooner.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
Easy dude, get a 05,06 ZX-6R. The extra 36cc's of displacement make a huge difference. I haven't even begun to squeeze all the performance out of mine yet and I'm far from being bored with it. Theres nothing better than outbreaking or getting a better drive out of a turn and passing a liter bike on the track!

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."

Last edited by bittersweetryan; 07-08-2007 at 06:06 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

u pass the liter with your 600cc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode