Traffic tickets in Virginia - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Traffic tickets in Virginia

Now, they come with a hefty 1050 dollar fine for 20 mph over the speed limit, that's on top of the typical penalty. I think it's about time to move out of state.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/virgini...00010000000001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:42 AM

ya dude, its time to get the fudge outa VA.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Thats because they need more funding for the new roads/upkeep. So tax the FU<K out of anyone who goes over the speed limit a little and not the rest that use them? what he hell

I'll be the first to say:
If I lived in Virginia, I would stop stopping. I respect the law, but thats just BS.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oreo321321
Thats because they need more funding for the new roads/upkeep. So tax the FU<K out of anyone who goes over the speed limit a little and not the rest that use them? what he hell

I'll be the first to say:
If I lived in Virginia, I would stop stopping. I respect the law, but thats just BS.
ya dude, if your getting fined like a grand might as well try to lose em, how much more can another charge and a night in jail be when your already paying like 1200 bucks.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

It's only illegal if you get caught.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 06:07 PM

That's exactly why I don't speed through VA. Those State Troopers luuuuuuuuuvvvvvvv to hand out tickets. I just suck up the shitty mph average and make it up in WV, PA, & NJ. Shit, in Jersey they don't care if you're 20 over as long as you're keeping up with traffic.

Truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it; but, in the end; there it is.

Winston Churchill

http://www.cortavine.com
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova46
It's only illegal if you get caught.
I have a tshirt that says that exactly. Its my favorite shirt.

but yeah, what's police evasion ontop of a $1300 fine? If i'm caught, it better be because I died. Fucking democracy at its finest.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 PM

No offence, but it sh*ts me to tears when people bitch about speeding fines. You don't wanna pay the fine? Don't speed! It's that simple!

Any time I've been pulled over for speeding, it's been, "Yes, sir, no, sir, three bags full, sir." I sped, I got caught, I paid the fine.

Accept responsibility. They don't want you to speed, okay? If you choose to ignore that fact, you face the consequences.

The talk about running is just immature...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Safe speed is always relative to each and every situation. That is why speed limits are stupid. Safe varies from place to place along roads and from motorcycle to motorcycle to vehicle to vehicle. Now, I'm not saying the alternative is much better (no speed limits). But, they should be more lenient about giving out tickets and fines and actually consider the situation, ie the time, the place, the quality of the transportation used, etc. Yes, that would be more subjective, so you might get a pissy cop who is just having a bad day, but that even happens now. I mean, usually they won't pull you over for five over unless the cop's in a bad mood and just feels like handing out tickets.

Okay, I'm done venting. Feel free to throw rocks at me or something.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 PM

A subjective limit sounds great, but that's not how the system is now. Change the system if you can, but in the meantime you've got to accept the ramifications of going outside the current one.

No one's happy when they get a fine, but it's pointless bitching about it, unless that bitching is directed within for speeding in the first place.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode