Time to upgrade - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Time to upgrade

I've been riding my GS500 since '05 now and it's about time to upgrade.

I'm undecided if I want new or used. If I go new I'll probably get a 07 GSXR600. If used, I don't really care, cbr, r6,zx-6r(r) or gsxr.

I found a CBR on craigslist

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/356763208.html

It's about half the price of the gsxr, but it's also got 17k miles on it.

I'm really on the fence about this and hope maybe you guys can push to one side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Dont drag yourself into the, I want new and perfect. How can you justify loosing 3-4 k for the gratification of buying new? No brainer in my mind, but then again I'm a college kid!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:51 PM

Yeah, 2 years on a 500 should be enough to get you ready for something bigger/better- like a 600. Honestly, all the late model 600 supersports are so incredibly close in terms of performance, it doesn't really matter which one you get. Can't really go wrong with any of them. That CBR you listed looks pretty nice.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 09:03 PM

yo man, I'm in Raleigh if you want to hit me up some time. RR's are fun little bikes but they are prolly the most uncomfortable as in the concrete padding. It makes up for it with being prolly the most forgiving bike in curves. If your looking for something that's a DD, look else where.

And never buy new!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 04:43 AM

Go for it. If you like the bike and you want it then get it. Just make sure its comfortable. Nothing is worse than having a bike that you dont want to ride more than an hour or so.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 05:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
All the new supersports are very good, however each of them has its own little nuances that make them unique. However these nuances will only come out while riding the bike at 90% on the track. On the street the same model year these bikes are all nearly equal.

When I was picking out my bike I went around and sat on just about every bike that I was considering. When I sat on the zx-6r I immediately knew it was the bike I was going to get. I can't tell you exactly why it was the bike but I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was the bike for me.

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 AM

cept the 600RR and the RC51 as both seats suckass
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

I'll need to wait until I sell mine before I get one, but I'm most likely going to get a used one. But I do change my mind a lot.

JBaz, is it the seat shape or the material that's so uncomfortable? Would an aftermarket seat help any?
Shoot me a PM if you wanna go riding sometime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode