Stock top speeds - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Stock top speeds

I was wondering were I could find the top speeds of these bike's STOCK.
GSXR 750, 1000
CBR 929, 954 and 1000
ZX 636, 1000
and the R1 and R6
zemke405 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 04:13 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23
Re: Stock top speeds

Quote:
Originally posted by zemke405
I was wondering were I could find the top speeds of these bike's STOCK.
GSXR 750, 1000
CBR 929, 954 and 1000
ZX 636, 1000
and the R1 and R6
im pretty sure the gsxr's top out around 165-170 dont know about the others tho.
03Gsxr600 is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Registered User
 
mkeeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rome, GA
Posts: 659
Re: Stock top speeds

Quote:
Originally posted by zemke405
I was wondering were I could find the top speeds of these bike's STOCK.
GSXR 750, 1000
CBR 929, 954 and 1000
ZX 636, 1000
and the R1 and R6
Honestly, what makes the difference? They're all fast. They're all unbelievably fast. Are you using this as a criteria for purchasing your first bike?

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
mkeeney is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Re: Re: Stock top speeds

Quote:
Originally posted by mkeeney
Honestly, what makes the difference? They're all fast. They're all unbelievably fast. Are you using this as a criteria for purchasing your first bike?
Of course not..
zemke405 is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 233
If you are then buy a scooter!
Dan6615 is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,400
I go along with the post by mkeeney. Only place you can possibly reach the top speeds of said bikes is at the track & even then so much will depend upon the circuit itself, the set-up of the suspension & your riding ability.

I have owned bikes of 1000cc, 500cc, 750cc, 600cc, 929cc to 954cc & all were bikes I obtained speeding tickets on when still gurggling down low at 5 to 7 thou which is way above the max speeds of the roads here in B.C. Cdn.
Smitty is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23
who said thats why he even wanted a bike to begin with...he's just askin a question tryin to get an answer...cut him some slack
03Gsxr600 is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered User
 
mkeeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rome, GA
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally posted by 03Gsxr600
who said thats why he even wanted a bike to begin with...he's just askin a question tryin to get an answer...cut him some slack
Sorry, but I question the motives of anyone who comes on here asking about what bike is the fastest, best handling, etc. They are either 15 years old or using the wrong criteria for buying the wrong beginner bike. Feel free to post up links with top speeds if you like. I'll continue to question why it's important to them.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
mkeeney is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:50 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally posted by mkeeney
Sorry, but I question the motives of anyone who comes on here asking about what bike is the fastest, best handling, etc. They are either 15 years old or using the wrong criteria for buying the wrong beginner bike. Feel free to post up links with top speeds if you like. I'll continue to question why it's important to them.
who said he was even a beginner...if he wants to get on somethin with 30 years experience or no experience at all...thats his own choice...it'll most likely be the wrong choice but theres nothin anybody can do about it especially from a forum website
03Gsxr600 is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered User
 
mkeeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rome, GA
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally posted by 03Gsxr600
who said he was even a beginner...if he wants to get on somethin with 30 years experience or no experience at all...thats his own choice...it'll most likely be the wrong choice but theres nothin anybody can do about it especially from a forum website
He said he was a beginner:
http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=63127

I guess we should take down the new rider stickies since you've proclaimed them ineffective. We're all just wasting our time here when we try to help out new riders.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
mkeeney is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome