Sportbike World banner

A Sad Reminder

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  98Gixxer750 
#1 ·
Well today was a sad reminder that none of us are invinsible. One of my best friends and riding buddies went down this morning on his way to work. Some bitch cut him off because they were probably in a rush to get to starbucks or something. He fell properly but he was doing about 65 full gear. the bike landed on top of him and broke his back. As I'm writing this he is in surgery hopefully with time he will walk again. Myself and the other 3 guys we ride with have put a number of things up for sale ( my sv650s and my 450 night hawk are going in the morning for $5000 ) in order to fix his bike and help with his hospital bills. Also we have told him we won't ride again until he can wether that means building him a trike or rehab until he walks again. It's really really fucked up he has to go through this he is one of the nicest guys I know. He painted my bike ( thats what he does ) for a dinner and a couple of beers. he has a 1 year old son and unfortunaelly an ex wife. My point is that he has been riding for 8 years without a problem then one day shit hits the fan and his life may be changed forever. Please everybody reading this just be safe and ride like everyone wants to kill you. I'm tired of hearing about shit like this.

P.S The driver of the car took off and nobody got her plates. I hope she rots in hell

#4 ·
Sorry about your friend but I have to say that post like this do me good. I think we all need to be reminded that we are not invincible and there are drivers out there that might as well be out to get us. Again, sorry about your buddy.

To the coward that hit him... :finger:

#6 · (Edited)
Unfolrtunately it is one of the problems of being on a m/c & lack the self-balance of a cage, all the protection in the cage & especially the tank-like weight of a cage.

Hope the best for for your friend, but this is why I try to get newbies to pick a less powerful bike. Not that your friend was a beginner still they might be reading this thread & post-----it could make them give second thoughts about a sportbike or a beginners bike.

Of interest only one of my riding friends died (of seriously injured) of a m/c accident in the 60 yrs of my riding. He was on this way from Calgary Alberta, on his 750cc Norton Atlas, around a day's ride & was hit by a drunk.

I honestly feel the most powerful bike any of them road was a bike of 70hp. None of them were on sportbike & none have graduated to sportbikes before giving up riding. I am the strange one of the lot.

#8 ·
Well I just got back from the hospital, the doctors say he has a 20 percent chance of walking again but I keep high hopes. He is just as stubborn as I am, he will never let anything beat him. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers just stay safe out there I've lost to many friends to stupidity.

#10 ·
I'm sorry to hear about what happened and I know that lady will get what she deserves in the long run. Here's to a speedy full recovery. 20% is better than nothing.

#12 ·
Your friend has my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

It's terrible when people commit such horrors and then refuse to accept responsibility for thier actions.

I firmly believe in carma, whatever you do, come back to you three fold. That woman will pay for what she has done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.