exhaust/mapping question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

exhaust/mapping question

Im getting ready to put a TRC slip-on, on my 05 gsx-r1000...I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or thoughts on what map I should use...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:12 AM

The pipe should have a map provided with it or avail. online. I would use that as a starting point.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 AM

Slip-ons don't require a new map....The map is a function of a Power Commander.
Do you have one installed on your bike? Mfg's will provide maps with their full systems......

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

I put a power commander on my bike because I was making different race pipes and I took out the s.e.t. and cut the valve out of my stock pipe...Now Im just going to put and leave on he yosh...Ive seen maps for some other yosh pipes but not the trc...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.-boh
I put a power commander on my bike because I was making different race pipes and I took out the s.e.t. and cut the valve out of my stock pipe...Now Im just going to put and leave on he yosh...Ive seen maps for some other yosh pipes but not the trc...
I would just pick one of the other Yosh maps and see how it does. May need to try more than one.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rundog
Slip-ons don't require a new map....The map is a function of a Power Commander.
Do you have one installed on your bike? Mfg's will provide maps with their full systems......
It will run without remapping and probably run fine but remapping is certainly needed to get the full potential of the pipe. Remapping is even beneficial to the bike with stock exhaust.

This is probably not news to you but I wanted to make sure anyone reading is clear on this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

cool. thanks for all the help...i'll keep looking for one..If anyone has made or found a good map for the trc, id like to hear about it...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
It will run without remapping and probably run fine but remapping is certainly needed to get the full potential of the pipe. Remapping is even beneficial to the bike with stock exhaust.

This is probably not news to you but I wanted to make sure anyone reading is clear on this.
True nuff.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode