selling the gsxr - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

selling the gsxr

The time has come for me to sell my 01 gsxr 750. I don't really want to sell it but I really don't have time to ride it and I could use the $$$ right now. I figure I will sell it and look for a beater bike that needs a few repairs. Hopefully soon I will buy a new R1. I will have to see where I go from here. As of now my bikes for sale. This was a damn hard descision to make, but I figure if I let the bike go now I can just get a faster one later on down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Strength and Honor

Say it ain't so! Holy smokes, big time bummer you don't have the time for riding. How long a break you think you'll be on?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:24 AM

feeling charitable? I would deffinetely be glad to help you get rid of that gsxr! I would deffinetely give it a good home, and you could visit it whenever you wanted!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:27 AM

Thats the last straw. the ZX10 is for sale as well

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:49 AM

Hi All-

OK, everyone talked me into it. I'll sell my motorcycle, too!

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Strength and Honor

Its like Branch Davidians all over again

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 08:50 AM

Stock exhaust for sale.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi All-

OK, everyone talked me into it. I'll sell my motorcycle, too!

~ Blue Jays ~
Alright everyone, here's your chance to finally meet Blue Jays. Forget the price and bike details - just give all these guys directions!

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM

Re: selling the gsxr

Well as i said in one of my other posts, I am in the market for a bike just like that.

E-mail me some pics, specs, and other info on the bike @ [email protected]

I am definetely not looking to break the bank here, but will consider a reasonable price.

Jason
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 PM

The "Power Of The Almighty Dollar" puts a lot of riders out of the sport of riding m/cs. So many are under the impression that they can keep on riding for ever & for ever. Still FINANCIAL reasons are the big killer. Next to that is a wife & a child & the child or children & the wife are the end of the wild days of riding.

Since I have seen what I can "GENERATIONS" of riders that came & went---------time after time is simply amazing.

Like one chap pointed out they formed up this m/c Club & I did not take an interest in it. Still 4 or 5 yrs later he was about the only one riding, THOUGH the wives would meet & talk about their chidren & whatever wives with kids talk about. He was the last & having lost all his buddies for the above reasons, instead of carrying on as I had, he simply sold his bike & gave up the sport---after all it was no longer a sport to him in having a meeting & organizing to help another rider work on his bike, to gather at said point for a group run on a Sunday & such. OBVIOUSLY he had to have friends doing the same & not an individualist, possibly I should say "loner:, like myself who went to & competed in races, to riding the hwys alone & such.

Though I have not mentioned the job opportunities some grabbed, but again it was a matter of moving, home, & that famous dollar factor.

Last edited by Smitty; 07-19-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode