Opinions needed on what bike to get next.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Opinions needed on what bike to get next....

Guys

I started an introductions thread in the newbie section to give a little background on myself. If you havent seen it yet, i'll recap just a little.

I had a 2001 CBR600F4i while i was in college. I loved everything about it. I owned it for a little over a year and put over 7000 miles on it. No drops or tickets either

Anyways, things have settled 'down' in the corporate world somewhat for me, and I think the time is getting right for me to pick up a bike. The loan officer at the bank already gave me a green light on however much money I needed.

My current requirements are:

2003 and newer
600cc's (i dont want a liter bike)
lower mileage
non-suzuki (no offense but I think they're ugly!)

That basically leaves us with the Ninja ZX-6R, 600RR, and the R6. Visually they are all 3 appealing. My first love is the red/black wing scheme from honda. If I found an RR, i would certainly pick this scheme. All 3 bikes offer their own pros-cons and I am looking to get a feel from the crowd here on what they are, and what I need to be looking for, or what to shy away from.

Thanks for any input you may have

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 AM

All of the bikes you mentioned are great bikes. Can't go wrong with any of them. Go for the one you think looks best or the one you can get the best deal on. That is all that really matters.

Course, if money wasn't a huge issue I would get one of the new Triumph 675 Daytonas. They are the best looking bike in that class in my opinion and not far off in the hp department. Light weight, great handling and with an aftermarket exhaust would sound insane.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 12:01 PM

Ditto

+1

RC John is correct on every point.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
All of the bikes you mentioned are great bikes. Can't go wrong with any of them. Go for the one you think looks best or the one you can get the best deal on. That is all that really matters.

Course, if money wasn't a huge issue I would get one of the new Triumph 675 Daytonas. They are the best looking bike in that class in my opinion and not far off in the hp department. Light weight, great handling and with an aftermarket exhaust would sound insane.
Money isnt an issue really, but I dont want to get stupid. I'm in the middle of buying a house, so I would prefer to stay in the 6k range

I should add that to a requirement
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:43 PM

I'd recommend the '05 R6 in either the Raven (black) color or the cool red/black combo. I have the an '05 R6 and I love it, I think you'll love the jump from you're '01 to this.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:48 PM

I love Ravens, but RR's are dead sexy. If you don't mind having your ass hurt after 15 mins from sitting.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 06:12 PM

I love Yamaha's, but the R6 has never been my favorite. I'd been thinking of an R6 as my next bike, but the closer I get to getting anouther ride, the more I like the ZX6R. It is a damn nice bike. And like you, I don't like zuki's either Paint is cheap, so unless your buying new (and at 6k price limit I don't think you are) I wouldn't think to much about color. I also agree with RC, I would take the 675 at the drop of a hat... if I had the cash to do so. Finding a 675 for 6k or less would be very hard.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 06:33 PM

No gsxr... no liter bikes... who cares then? =)
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:31 AM

Cycle World ranks the 600 class as follows;

5. CBR RR - $8999 MSRP
4. GSX R - $8799 MSRP
3. ZX636 - $8699 MSRP
2. YZF R6 - $9199 MSRP
1. Daytona 675 - $8999 MSRP

Sit on 'em and figure out which one fits you best. However, you're close mindedness when it comes to Suzuki's has closed the door on the best mid size Sport bike in production today; The Gixxer 750.

Whatever floats your boat man, good luck.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 98Gixxer750

However, you're close mindedness when it comes to Suzuki's has closed the door on the best mid size Sport bike in production today; The Gixxer 750.

Yes, I apologize, but I just cant see myself joyriding on something I think is ugly, not to mention I dont prefer anything over a 600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode