Why is this suprising? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Why is this suprising?

I was reading on another sportbike forum and there were a few officers on the forum. One rider posted a thread about how he was pulled over in a 60 for doing 90, and he pulled to the side, had his licence plate in clear view, and also had his registration and id ready.

Two or three of the officers on the forum said that it was "suprising" that he pulled over for the police, and was prepared. Why is that suprising?

I know that some counties have no-chase rules for sportbikes, but that can't be too popular. Some people act like its normal for a sport biker to just continue on their way after seeing the red and blue behind 'em. Is there some kind of stupid rule of hand or unwritten rule that I don't know about here?

I would certainly pull over, if Im doing somthing "dangerous to others" then I would take responsibility for my actions. But what are your inputs on this topic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 09:52 AM

First off, my official position, is to pull over when you are being pulled over. A speeding ticket sucks, but evading becomes a felony, and should anyone die or get injured during the persuit, guess whose fault it becomes?

That said, the reality is that a modern sportbike can easily outrun a police cruiser. Most riders are aware of this, and most officers are as well. So many riders make a run for it.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 AM

Pulled over

I actually got pulled over once for speeding and the cop told me point blank: "I'm surprised you pulled over, almost every sportbike I pursue makes a run for it. But since you were nice enough to pull over, I'm just gonna give you a warning. Slow down a bit and have a good day"

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

zx rider that is great. Its nice when it pays off to be a good law obiding citizen.

I have a lot of thoughts for this thread but I can't figure out how to type em
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oreo321321
zx rider that is great. Its nice when it pays off to be a good law obiding citizen...
Well, he wasn't exactly a law-abiding citizen. After-all, he got pulled over for speeding. However, I take your point.

FTR, I wouldn't dream of trying to run from the cops, even if I knew I could get away.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:09 PM

When I was pulled over, for speeding, about a month ago I had my helmet removed, key in pocket, & wallet out to dig out my DL & while I was reaching the back compartment for my insurance the RCMP Constable said I did not have to show my insurance for it was obviously on his computer. Latter is a first for me.

Some yrs ago they were pulling one over looking to see if they had a m/c part in their cage DL & having been stopped several times by the same Constable that often practiced at our gun range I felt the right to ask to be told close to 90% do NOT have a m/c section on their cage DL. More then one reason to be pulled over. Not that I agree with them let alone a rotten ticket.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 02:30 PM

I always pull over. In the back of my mind I know I could make a run for it but just knowing the police were back there I am sure my nerves would lock and I would toss the bike. Also I am pretty sure I can't out run the radios. I'm pulling over.

Is it hot in here?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Bum
I always pull over. In the back of my mind I know I could make a run for it but just knowing the police were back there I am sure my nerves would lock and I would toss the bike. Also I am pretty sure I can't out run the radios. I'm pulling over.
Motorola > any bike

I'm with you on that. I like to THINK that I could make it and I could get out of it. But, chances are, if they are close enough to have seen me do something illegal, they are close enough to have seen my license plate (or at least a partial). It doesn't take much more than that, and I'd get to pick a new occupation since apparantly teachers are supposed to be "role models". Hmmmph, what was I thinking?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
It doesn't take much more than that, and I'd get to pick a new occupation since apparantly teachers are supposed to be "role models". Hmmmph, what was I thinking?
HAHA, not since teachers started boinking their high school students.

anyway, I pull over; the thought of being a fugitive to avoid a ticket isn't all that appealing.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 PM

How come when I get pulled, I get the book thrown at me. I even conviently display my eagle scout card when I pull my license out.

Hell, I found out yesterday that DMV is trying to suspend my drivers license because they said I 'failed to appear in court' when I told and paid my lawyer to deal with that shit. Apparently it's a clearical mistake because they misspelled my last name and couldn't find any records of that citation, but some how still tracked through my driver's license number.

I knew that funny feeling I had was a warrent against me. Fucking law and cops. It's so shaddy at times but they'll find a way to fuck you in the ass.

Wish me luck, I go into court monday for that gixxer shit. Hope I get that dropped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode