question about a recent bike accident!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

question about a recent bike accident!!!

* update* here is a link to the listing if anyone is interested in the bike :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

hey yall,
i peviously had an 03' gsxr600. well my friend took it out for a spin an he wrecked it. K so basically the whole front light/fairing is cracked, fram is dented and scraped up on the right hand side. carbon fiber yoshi pipe is fuked, subframe snapped, triple clamp is split into two. basically everything on the right hand side is really messed up including the gas tank and fairings, pegs, etc etc. I was wondering what the bike as a whole might be worth to sumone on ebay. The engine is still in mint condition as well as the gearbox. I know it would be hard to tell without pictures but im just looking for a rough estimate based on what was described. Thankx guys

Last edited by doitcalistyle81; 07-16-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 05:35 PM

if the frame is damaged, then you may just want to sell the engine separately and then all other parts like rims (if not bent), forks, gauges, and all plastics that weren't damaged. Don't really know wha the market is like for gsxr engines but whatever it is good luck.

JBAZ here's an engine you can throw into a go-kart!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 08:19 PM

1000 bucks, I come and pickup assuming engine and frame is good.

Also, is your friend paying for wrecking the bike? I had a friend who had an 05 gixxer 600 who had a friend ride it and wreck it for him. We have not heard from the friend of the friend who wrecked the bike. Liability only

Last edited by JBaz; 07-11-2006 at 08:22 PM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 07:07 AM

That's why I never let anyone else ride my bike. If they want to ride, they should get a bike. If they have a bike, why do they need to ride mine?

Anyway, I'd hate to be put in that situation by a friend, especially if the friend refused -- or never even offered! -- to pay for it. If I was ever going to let a friend ride my bike, it would only be another rider who is fully insured and with the understanding that, "If you wreck it you pay or file with your insurance."

As far as worth, if you don't want to go through the hassle of parting it out, take JBaz up on his offer.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 07:37 AM

It's not a go-kart... It's a full fledge SAE race car.

and if you have title for the frame that would be good, but I'd prolly just take the motor out and build myself a custom SAE formula 1 racing frame for it. I don't think I've seen something like that at any autocrossing events in a while.

And while I'm down there, I'll hit disney world too. Man needs fun other then bikes.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hapster
That's why I never let anyone else ride my bike. If they want to ride, they should get a bike. If they have a bike, why do they need to ride mine?

+1. If you never ride my bike, we'll always be friends.................
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 AM

OT: I really dont mind letting people borrow my bike, so long as I know them well, they are insured, and know that its "you wreck it, you bought it" sort of scenario. Other than that, I often times wife-swap my friends bikes..

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 PM

I teach people how to ride a motorcycle on my F2. It's a good starter bike and doesn't have that killer powerband as new bikes do. I teach them self control and how to handle the bike before they even turn on the engine. I lecture them about an hour before they actually turn on the bike. I usually make them paddle walk the bike around to get a feel for the bike and I make them lean a little bit while I hold the bike up.

It usually takes me about 2 hours to fully teach one person on how to operate a motorcycle properly. Depending on skill level. I've taught a friend in 20 mins before with no prior experience. I taught about 2 dozen ppl so far, through my step by step program and one on one teaching, only about 4 of those people ever laid my bike down (slowly). But I don't have farings on the bike and have frame sliders, so its a good teaching bike.

And my lessons are free, provided they buy me lunch or something Expecially the lesbians I taught two months ago.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM

yea i dont really let people ride my shit, unless i know they ride and there really close friends, so that leaves just 1 person!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 PM

^I guess you haven't encountered two hot lesbians who are eager to learn how to ride a motorcycle yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode