Moved again! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Moved again!

Well were in south san fancisco now! man its great, i hate the heat! its always cool here! well below 80. Any riders in south san fran?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 11:09 AM

What up, Meat? Got ran outa town again?..... I'm about 50 miles north of you, and I gotta tell you, you're among a whole lot of great roads & beautiful scenery. Just get out on your bike & ride in any direction (except west). You can't go wrong.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 11:17 AM

Hi Meat_Shield:

That is a pretty nice area of the country...the other interesting thing is they have very few bugs in the San Francisco area. Ever notice how the windows tend not to have screens? People just open 'em up and let in the cool breezes. Enjoy yourself out there. Napa Valley is probably within two hours for a decent ride into the wine country.

~ Blue Jays ~

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 05:27 PM

but it definitely gets a lot colder in the winter time... but I guess that's better than all this heat.

BTW, south san fran? how far south? like Salinas/Monterey/Laguna Seca south?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Rundog: We move about every 3 months or so. we were in orange, CA for about 6 months this time. I was in San Rafael almost two years ago but i didnt have my bike then. i remember going up to the vinyards one or twice, think i'll try and fit a trip up there again.

Blue Jays: Ya i remember the no bug thing, its great! Napa will definity be on my list of places to go. Nice country up there.

Lost Nomad: well not quite that far south, we are actually at the Candlestick park (49er's stadium) actually on a good day with the wind at my back i could probably hit the stadium with a rock

the RV Park we are at lied to me and they dont have their internet up so i'm stealing it from some guy who lives near the walgreens up the street so i can't post as often. should have it up within the week he says...what an asshat.
Gonna try to make it to laguna seca for the race but its still on the fence.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 PM

sweet, my uncle would be jealous as he's a huge 49er's fan. I'm not going to Laguna, my friend whose place I was supposed to crash at is out of town that weekend, and I don't wanna pay the outrageous prices for hotels/motels.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

well...been riding here for a while and i just gotta say...SAN FRANCISCO ROADS SUCK ASS! There horrible! its like riding in a concrete offroad course. I've stiffened up my suspension almost all the way to the max. man its hard on my ass if i'm not paying attention but at least it keeps thos tires on the pavement. I am now eating my words about those damn construction sites on the roads. HEY! Start some construction over here!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Meat_Shield
well...been riding here for a while and i just gotta say...SAN FRANCISCO ROADS SUCK ASS! There horrible! its like riding in a concrete offroad course. I've stiffened up my suspension almost all the way to the max. man its hard on my ass if i'm not paying attention but at least it keeps thos tires on the pavement. I am now eating my words about those damn construction sites on the roads. HEY! Start some construction over here!
26 years riding, never bent a rim, not even the time I ran over a curb back in '87......now my wheels look like they came off Fred Flinstones' car..... Cali does have some of the most poorly maintained roads I've ever seen.....Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina..... These states don't have nearly as much money as Cali, but their roads are in much better condition......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode