Was I wrong? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Was I wrong?

As I was riding today, a car pulled out in front of me, I swerved and went around. I looked over as I went around saw the kid (17 or 18) and flipped him off. Rolled up to a stop sign and this kid was on my ass, I quickly went through 3 gears and put some distance between us. I now come to a red light as I'm waiting for it to change this same punk rolls up and again is on my ass (within 4" of my tire). Light changes and this kid is tailgating me (had minivan in front of me). Came to another stop sign and I pulled to the curb to let the sob around me. As he passes I yell "you're F***ing dangerous". I pull back out and next thing I know the lil bastard break checks me, he came to a complete stop, I got around him and as I passed I punched his side view mirror and shattered it. I then put alot of distance between us and that was the last I saw of him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 04:23 PM

Were you wrong...Yes, although I know how completely frustrating someone pulling in front of you is. Always ask yourself this: If I do this (flick him off, pass him, punch his mirror, etc) will I make the situation better or worse? I think it's pretty clear you made the situation much worse.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 04:42 PM

Re: Was I wrong?

If you have to ask......

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 05:10 PM

Well lets just say I've done worse (got off my bike and threw my helmet at the person yelling and flicking me off ) , I wont say youre wrong it's hard to keep under control when some ass hole takes your life for granted. although sometimes people dont see you and although it sucks it's understandable but tailgating a rider drives me fucking nuts
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:09 PM

Definitely not wise to flick off as you might on a car. I've flicked off bunch of times on a car, and once I pulled two birdies on an off-duty police officer, and gave dirty look and swearing to another undercover jerk. Suffice to say both did not take my critique of their driving manner so well. But I never flick off anyone on a bike, that's where self control comes in to keep you checked from road rage. And it's about a year and half since I flicked anyone off in a car, coincidentally after I started riding.

Unless you're willing to go above and beyond, and carry a firearm always, and got nothing to lose including jail time or sentence, I would not piss off idiots like that.

Also consider this, they have a false mentality that they rule the road, and since you retaliated, just by the size of your vehicle, he thinks you're a bug waiting to be squashed, or at least put a good scare in you.

Although I have to say the last bit was good justice, but it could've been worse.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:19 PM

That kind of anger will not be required once I start riding with an ar-15 straped to my back...

But seriously, best thing to do is to lose the asshole. Take extra turns or just stop at a gas station. Once, I've deviated about 15 miles to follow this one bitch (17 yr old girl) who cut me off near my house. She was on her way home and I raised hell with her and her parents. I try when ever possible to call out idiots on the road. I'll stop them, yell at them, and once in a while kick their door. I'm not violent, I just hate idiots. I'm may try to become a monk... but till that day yeah....

If push comes to shove, keep a pocket knife handy and slash a tire. Should stop them. I also heard marbels work well too. Got that tip from a harley rider.

Last edited by JBaz; 07-09-2006 at 06:22 PM.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
That kind of anger will not be required once I start riding with an ar-15 straped to my back...

But seriously, best thing to do is to lose the asshole. Take extra turns or just stop at a gas station. Once, I've deviated about 15 miles to follow this one bitch (17 yr old girl) who cut me off near my house. She was on her way home and I raised hell with her and her parents. I try when ever possible to call out idiots on the road. I'll stop them, yell at them, and once in a while kick their door. I'm not violent, I just hate idiots. I'm may try to become a monk... but till that day yeah....

If push comes to shove, keep a pocket knife handy and slash a tire. Should stop them. I also heard marbels work well too. Got that tip from a harley rider.
Yeah until the next bike rider comes by and runs over them! I always wear steal toe boots just incase someone starts to come into my lane; I can kick their door and leave a nice dent, that'll make 'em look twice for bikes!
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:32 PM

I think everyone agrees that being agressive on a bike is just asking for trouble... You have to remember how irrational some cage drivers are, some wouldn't think twice about giving you a little tap and you would end up on your arse. The best thing you can do is just remain calm and politly ask them wether they saw you or if their head was to far up their ass to notice I don't think I've ever flicked someone off or done anything vendictive driving or riding on the road... which is weird because I'm the type of person that when I'm pissed, you know it It's just to much of a gamble on the road. There are nut jobs everywere, so watch your arse... they will get you up it given the chance.

Jbaz- keep a big sock full of marbles and give that a shot. Just sling it into their window and that will teach em a lesson

Last edited by SepiasSoul; 07-09-2006 at 06:34 PM.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 07:02 PM

Jbaz, quit picking on old people.

Seriously, you guys have been lucky to keep getting away with it, or you only get cut off by twits or frail people. Since most probably don't retaliate afterwards or you haul ass. Try picking a bone with 270-300 lb 6' 7'' guy and kick his jacked up F350. Only way to do is escape or carry weapon. We get a lot of these types that are unkind to other motorists. Not to mention this if FL, if they got a firearm in their homes, and a truck, surely they got a fiream in their truck.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 PM

why? I have a 4" switch blade on my keychain.

But honestly. Last summer, I did tested that whole aggressive driving thing. From my experience, in one week time of driving slowly and one week of aggressive driving. While driving with fast acceleration and constant lane changing, less drivers cut me off and less situations where I felt endangered. Driving normal and conservative, I find that more drivers cut me off, change lanes when I'm within 5 feet, and more situations where I end up doing emergency stops (I had 3 full times where I had to lock up my rear brakes compared to non with aggressive driving).

But with aggressive driving, I'm not speeding more than 5 over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode