Squid says Hello - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Squid says Hello

I was on a two-lane road, for upcoming and going traffic only. And I was pulling up to a stop sign to make a right turn, right behind bunch of cars, and the cager behind me was also kind enough to leave some space, always like these types. Now this rider coming from that right side direction, makes the left turn. There are cars in front of him and behind him.

As a rider, I always pay a glance at any other riders on the road, occasionally wave when recognized. So I turn my head to take a look at this guy, and supposedly wave or nod. He is wearing baseball cap, ear-ring, tee-shirt, and shorts, minus the shade; I guess you know where I am going with this. But this is the unexpected part:

When I turn my head, he stares right back, but obviously without helmet, I noticed he had a provoked look on his face . Instantly, he rips the throttle angrily wide open on his red and black 04+ R1. And the front wheel flies up in the air to about 11 o' clock position. As I pass and look through my rear view mirror, he sets it down shortly after. I am not an wheelie expert, but front wheel seemed crossed up and the bike was tilted to left, didn't seem professional. I suppose the fact that he didn't lose it is probably what made him experienced at that moment.

I noticed the car behind me decide to put even more distant between me. I was a bit disturbed, laughed, and shook my head bunch of times. Also I felt an air of vanity, knowing that good car drivers like the guy behind me and others around, now must associate me with morons like that, we're both on sportbikes after all capable of things like these. And sure enough, I would have disdain for a sport like this if I was a typical cager.

I don't know whether he idiot was trying to impress or that he felt insulted that I was wearing my full helmet, jacket, and gloves.

Too bad a fine bike like that will be wrecked soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:41 PM

That was you?!?! I thought that F4 looked familiar!

Just kidding, no way I would be that stupid or squidly. Don't you just love the fact that the squids always get the attention of the cages, but us nice guys get cut off? Makes you wonder if there is some logic in there decision... not that I'm itching to find out.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:43 PM

High!

Dude, That was you, Cool, I just wanted to say hi and show off the bottom of my bike. Finelly got round to washing it.
Last time I had it upsidedown trying to show thouse 13 year old girls my skills, I saw I had run over bublegum. Must be why I lupped it, the extra tracktion. So ya, the cross-up, thats no ol MX thing, learnt it watchen RJ on motoworld. That Dube rocked!
Any way, My hillclimb freinds are looking foreword to me stacking up my R1 soes they can build an open bike with whats left. I wasnt able to aford Insherance, So my budes pitched in, and came throw with Life In. to. I love those Dudes.
I no you arent rude, you were stuck @ the light so you couldnt reply with a howdy stoppy, But next time I want to hear a 10grand rev hello!
Rock ON!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
Don't you just love the fact that the squids always get the attention of the cages, but us nice guys get cut off? Makes you wonder if there is some logic in there decision... not that I'm itching to find out.
He was coming at my direction (2 lane road), no dividers, so if I was at left portion of my lane, I could've given him a high-5 or start a bike duel with nose up in the air, like that Torque movie style, fo' shizzle mah nizzle. I think the dude was trying to get my attention. Always love to be courted.

Stunting in the street I think it's an aggressive tactic, cars will leave you alone if they figure there is a strong possibility that you're a fast projectile just waiting to crash into their vehicle, as oppose to pulling in front of you unbeknownst.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:07 AM

Quote:
"Helmets are for soldiers, I ain't fighing no war." T-Bone's last words after his bike collided with a tractor trailer.
Quote:
give me his license plate number and I'll come over with a truck the second after he wrecks. Then again, I never liked r6, r1's 2nd gears.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:26 AM

That happened to me yesterday. I gave the wave to this squid on his "gixxah" and he proceeds to pull a wheelie. The wave quickly turned to the , but I think he missed it.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 07:44 AM

Re: Squid says Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by Z_Fanatic
I was on a two-lane road, for upcoming and going traffic only. And I was pulling up to a stop sign to make a right turn, right behind bunch of cars, and the cager behind me was also kind enough to leave some space, always like these types. Now this rider coming from that right side direction, makes the left turn. There are cars in front of him and behind him.

As a rider, I always pay a glance at any other riders on the road, occasionally wave when recognized. So I turn my head to take a look at this guy, and supposedly wave or nod. He is wearing baseball cap, ear-ring, tee-shirt, and shorts, minus the shade; I guess you know where I am going with this. But this is the unexpected part:

When I turn my head, he stares right back, but obviously without helmet, I noticed he had a provoked look on his face . Instantly, he rips the throttle angrily wide open on his red and black 04+ R1. And the front wheel flies up in the air to about 11 o' clock position. As I pass and look through my rear view mirror, he sets it down shortly after. I am not an wheelie expert, but front wheel seemed crossed up and the bike was tilted to left, didn't seem professional. I suppose the fact that he didn't lose it is probably what made him experienced at that moment.

I noticed the car behind me decide to put even more distant between me. I was a bit disturbed, laughed, and shook my head bunch of times. Also I felt an air of vanity, knowing that good car drivers like the guy behind me and others around, now must associate me with morons like that, we're both on sportbikes after all capable of things like these. And sure enough, I would have disdain for a sport like this if I was a typical cager.

I don't know whether he idiot was trying to impress or that he felt insulted that I was wearing my full helmet, jacket, and gloves.

Its no wonder everyone hates sportbike riders man. I saw the same thing happen the other day here. I was in the car with the girl and kid. Some jackass was comming thru an intersection in front of me, and i was just looking at his bike. he was looking for cops, didnt see any, and just let this wheelie rip. Wearing a tank top and shorts.

Another story...
I was out with gixxerchris yesterday, and I felt like a DUMBASS! I was at a new level of embarrasment. We turned onto sheldon off of five mile, and I was just getting on the throttle a little just to speed off and hit the speed limit. No big deal. Well, Ive never done, nor attempted to pull a wheelie on my gixxer. I hit the throttle at the right time I guess, and the front tire came up. I immediately let off the throttle to come down and felt like an ass. I knew everyone was staring at me thinking, "Theres another idiot on a bike..." And it was an accident!!! I just cruised quietly at the speed limit after that, feeling stupid and squidly for doing that in public on a roadway. Ill be paying more attention to throttle control from here on out.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 08:04 AM

Re: Re: Squid says Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay22
...I hit the throttle at the right time I guess, and the front tire came up. I immediately let off the throttle to come down and felt like an ass. I knew everyone was staring at me thinking, "Theres another idiot on a bike..." And it was an accident!!! I just cruised quietly at the speed limit after that, feeling stupid and squidly for doing that in public on a roadway. Ill be paying more attention to throttle control from here on out.
Ahhh so there are benifits to having a bike that weighs more than an Abrams tank

I was on interstate stuck in traffic one day and some tard on his GSXR decided that it would be nice to pop a quick wheelie in the few feet between him and the car infront of him... he barely got it down in time to avoid hitting the car infront of him. I wanted to get off my bike and just hit him with a pipe...
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 08:42 AM

Haha! a pipe he says. Good choice.

Yeah, Im glad there werent any cars in my lane. I was sure to tell gixxerchris it was an accident. Damn, I still feel stupid. Hahha!

Its funny too, cause I have gunned that bike in first before, on side roads with noone around just to see what its got. First streetbike and never pushed it so I was curious. So when the tire came up a foot or so, It startled me. I dropped it down and got my punishment for doing it... Smacked my boys on the gas tank. That hurt pretty bad, seeing as how the whole thing was a suprise. I tell ya, that wont ever happen again.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 08:55 AM

One of those things we have to live with only in the past bikes with 15 to 50hp were not for wheelies on the public streets. Now they embarasse us as we are assumed to be the same if we ride the sportbike. Only thing I realize is that even at my older age I will still be riding when some of these twits are mare prize arses of themselves in other ways of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode