rider down vid - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

rider down vid

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...06801082572054 Looks as if he took his eyes off the road. The rider behind him had no trouble following his own line thru the same corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 08:35 PM

oops...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 08:53 PM

Thats all it takes...

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 02:03 AM

Those are some good but dangerous riders. No way in Hell I'd ride with people who pass me at high speeds before I hit a curve or during a curve and be 2 ft away from other riders on public roads. Take that shit to the track.

As for the crash, didn't look that bad of a tumble. He's lucky he didn't take out the bike next to him and the bike behind him.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 06:48 AM

Those guys are complete idiots. Basically racing on public roads, it's only a matter of time before one of them hits a guard rail, tree, or each other. They are also choosing horrible lines, entering the curves to soon and tight to really ride fast. I like to go fast on the street but not 10/10, pushing the limits, and leaving space between riders is always a good practice.
Thanks for sharing video though.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 07:21 AM

Yes, they are idiots. Its funny, I watch those videos and learn how not to ride.
Even tho I have next to no riding experience on the street, I know better than to do stuff like that. I was thinking to myself while watching that vid, "Damn, those guys are passing real close in the corners. Why are they passing in the corners anyway? I would never ride with people like that man. You wanna race? thats what TRACKS ARE FOR!

Anyways, yeah. I pulled away from some kids the other night. They were doin stoppies at the traffic lights, so i turned and went my own way. Just some kids ridin along side of me. Dumbasses.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Those guys are freak'n fast. Not much brain power to go with their speed though.

Truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it; but, in the end; there it is.

Winston Churchill

http://www.cortavine.com
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:47 PM

They got lucky that one of them didn't lose it mid corner or he would take two or more of them out. They could be some damn good riders if they used some common sense.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:44 PM

The riders behind him distracted him, they were riding pretty hard, and the jumble of tar strips in that corner did him in. The rider behind him put the force of his turn on the clean section of road past the tar strips.

Considering the sides of the road, and the oncoming traffic, looks like he picked about the best possible place to take a break.

Definitely a skilled rider, but skill can never make up for poor judgement - Good judgement can make up for a lower skill level. You won't be as fast through the curves, but you won't crash yourself out, either.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Rundog
Good judgement can make up for a lower skill level. You won't be as fast through the curves, but you won't crash yourself out, either.
Yeah I can say I fit somewhere this category
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode