Kawi zx-14 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Kawi zx-14

I know you guys are about ready to puke from all these newbies asking what bike they should start out on and if its too much power and what not.. but ive been looking at the zx-14 simply because its the biggest and baddest. ive heard it hits the 200 mph mark. the only thing ive ridden is dirtbikes and i was wondering how much different this thing would be to start on than a 600? i realize throttle response is gonna be quick as hell, but if you get on the thing knowing this and do everything smoothly, youd be fine right? constructive criticism only please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 04:24 AM

Okay, even if you can handle the power, take it slow etc., etc., you ARE going to drop it. How are you going to feel when you stand up off the pavement and look down at your $12000 pride and joy lying on it's side while you wonder just how bad it's broken? That alone should make you want to start on something else. Couple that with the fact that any bike is going to be the "biggest and baddest" for only a short period of time. Remember that the Hayabusa is due for an overhaul. You are choosing your bike for the wrong reasons.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 04:44 AM

Is this a joke?
Buy that bike, and before the end of the year, your loved ones are either going to be sobbing over your coffin, or wiping the drool off your face and carting your around in a wheelchair. Is that constructive enough for you?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:24 AM

Re: Kawi zx-14

Quote:
Originally posted by golfskiplay
I know you guys are about ready to puke from all these newbies asking what bike they should start out on and if its too much power and what not..
Not to the point of puking, but personally I am getting a little sick of it. This first statement shows you've read through the newbie posts and already know what we want to say... which makes me wonder about the next part of your sentence:

Quote:
Originally posted by golfskiplay
...but ive been looking at the zx-14 simply because its the biggest and baddest.
If your profile is correct, it seems that you are only 18 years old, you don't wanna risk dying before you hit 21 and w/ that mentality I would suggest you steer clear of bikes. If bigger is better, get yourself a 300 lbs girlfriend and parade her around, be pround you ride the biggest and baddest chick on the block.

I think you already know what most of us will say so please reconsider that ridiculous idea (this is my constructive criticism)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:25 AM

Motorcycle fashion accessory

If you like wearing motorcycles as hats, then by all means, get yourself that ZX-14.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:33 AM

I KNOW that guy!

Wait a minute....... aren't YOU the same guy that needed all the medical advice when rashing yourself all up after crashing your 50cc Yamaha scooter?

Now you're asking about the feasability of a ZX-14 as a first-time streetbike?

A ZX-14 can inflict a level of pain on you many times greater than what you've already experienced! This post would be absolutely hilarious, if it wasn't for the fact that somebody's life is potentially at stake.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:40 AM

Wow, we seem to have an influx of mis-guided noobs.

I think I might enjoy the time to come on this forum, for JBaz is gonna have a lot of project bikes to work on. Not counting his current collection, he has a ZX-10 with its ultra-fine atomizing fuel injectors with 43mm throttle bodies, and now a ZX-14 on the list to restore.

JBaz: Looks like you might turn into a kawi guy after all. With all these new super fast bikes, can I have your RR?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:52 AM

Make sure when you buy the 14, that you lower it, extend the swingarm, and add NOS. I would not bother buying any gear or taking the msf either. Buying gear only hides your identity. How is everyone going to know its you on that badass bike if you are wearing a helmet?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lateott_156
Wow, we seem to have an influx of mis-guided noobs.

I think I might enjoy the time to come on this forum, for JBaz is gonna have a lot of project bikes to work on. Not counting his current collection, he has a ZX-10 with its ultra-fine atomizing fuel injectors with 43mm throttle bodies, and now a ZX-14 on the list to restore.

JBaz: Looks like you might turn into a kawi guy after all. With all these new super fast bikes, can I have your RR?
I might beat Jbaz to the ZX-14, I've already bid on a few wrecked ones off ebay. Golf, when you wreck it please spare the frame and the rear swing arm, I don't want to have to completly replace all of it
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Ok yea i did wreck a scooter, but you dont know the circumstances. Im actually a pretty proficient dirtbike rider. Does anybody know when the new busa comes out? What makes you think ill drop a zx-14, the weight or what? Basically i guess i just dont get it. You can kill yourself in a civic just as easy as you can in a corvette. Just because its faster doesnt mean you have to go faster. Im looking for a comfortable sportbike to take long distances, ive heard busas and that zx-14 are more like touring bikes. Correct me if im being a totally dipshit but thats how im thinkin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode