Cbr600rr Vs R1

you decide who's faster!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...4C5B05C9BA.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:37 AM

impressive
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:13 AM

Must be something the matter with the video for I see a rider on a redish bike, with redish leather, I feel might be a Honda CBR600, doing some nice laps on a circuits. No other bike, no other rider competiting, no lap times, etc. So what does one look upon as being the compairson?

Going way back in '97 in Cdn the Yamaha YZF600r and the YZF1000 was being tested on a road racing circuit. First bike riden was the 1000 & the next day it was the 600. Same chap testing both.

Still close to finish time he comes into the pits to point out he feels the suspension is probably out a bit on the 600. They point out to him he was lapping faster, on each lap, then the 1000. To that he said something like 'Okay so I guess I have been pushing the 600 to its maximum'

So can you compare that? At least in the Cycle Cdn report the rider on the 600 lapped faster then he did on the 1000. Still it is not a compairson for in reality the circuit could have been more to the preference to the 600 or weather better & such.

Still I will agree the Honda rider was riding good & nice to see the bike in action, but it is not a compairson to the Yamaha R1.

Note of my three bikes the Honda 929 & 954 dominate the older Yamaha YZF600r, in the garage, so I do not favour any make of bike.

Last edited by Smitty; 06-25-2006 at 09:19 AM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:21 AM

It could also be a new rider VS a veteran. I know that I would get my ass handed to me by a veteran rider on a 500 if I was riding a 1k. If you look at the lines the R1 (blue bike) was making, he showed inexperience. Alot of his turns were much wider than the CBR altough the speeds through the turns were close to the same. Both were still great riders though, it just didn't look like the R1 was really putting it all out or even trying to let the throttle loose some on the straights.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:26 AM

Hi All-

Cool video! The camera angle made you feel like you were there. Are those plastic kneepucks one can occcasionally hear scraping on the audio portion? This is something I would love to try without anyone else on the track.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:15 AM

ya we were obvioulsy riding with the 600, who is much better at the corners. i think if they had open road the 600 would pull better lap times. the R1 was good the the rider on the 600 was better.

did u see when the R1 look back and still saw the 600....priceless.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:45 AM

i cant see the vid but somthing to keep in mind depending on the track and such pretty much all 600's will own liter bikes as they can handle better, also you stay in your poweband more often

of course if there is alot of straightaways and such then this is where the liter bike would catch up
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by Meat_Shield

did u see when the R1 look back and still saw the 600....priceless.
It's even more priceless when you do it on an EX-500.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyJ
i cant see the vid but somthing to keep in mind depending on the track and such pretty much all 600's will own liter bikes as they can handle better, also you stay in your poweband more often

of course if there is alot of straightaways and such then this is where the liter bike would catch up
That's what happend in the vid, ultimate the literbike won by few bike lengths coming out of the corner, and then more so on the straightaways. But it was impressive to see the 600 pull on the R1 around the corner every time.

If there were longer straightaways in the track, R1 would win by long margin. If there were more tighter turns and chicanes, 600RR would've won marginally at the end.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Must be something the matter with the video for I see a rider on a redish bike, with redish leather, I feel might be a Honda CBR600, doing some nice laps on a circuits. No other bike, no other rider competiting, no lap times, etc. So what does one look upon as being the compairson?
The rider with the red leather is the R1 bike, and the rider recording his footage is on CBR600RR, thus holding a riding comparison.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode