post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 AM

his time to go i guess. ha
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyJ
his time to go i guess. ha
I hope you don't think that's funny...

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:03 PM

and if i do??? its sad yes, but at the same time for you to be riding on a bike and get struck by lighting, the fucking odds of that are substantiably low so that kind of makes it humerous. so if that were to happen then yes i would say that it was his time to go and god decided that.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM

I've been wondering about this for a while actually. Got hit by lightning in a car once, nothing happened except the car was fucked up electronically.

I do a lot of riding though, dont use a car during the summer at all, so I've been out in some wicked weather before, lightning and other crap, and I've caught myself wondering if I am a lightning target on the bike.

I may think twice next time I go out in a thunderstorm.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyJ
and if i do??? its sad yes, but at the same time for you to be riding on a bike and get struck by lighting, the fucking odds of that are substantiably low so that kind of makes it humerous. so if that were to happen then yes i would say that it was his time to go and god decided that.
Not much chance his folks will appreciate the humor........
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 04:57 PM

A short while ago to-day, on my way back from around 6.5 hr spin on in the Cdn Rockie Mtn roads I came in almost running on fumes only a staff gal was out to inform those about to fill up that the pumps would not work as power was down due to lightening YET nothing frightening or even dark clouds.

At home for an early supper & about to watch the news with a blip about m/cist struck by lightening & whack goes the TV some 20 miles south meaning our Cable.

So yes it is there & can hit you unfortunately. Never happened to myself or others then once coming up a steep bank of dirt & rock I could do it if at correct revs & in 3rd cog. Actually I was headed home due to lightening all around. Had just reached to top to flatten out when a big one hit low & loud-----actually lifted up my right hand from the throttle. Had that happened part-way up I would have been sent rolling down said rock/dirt slope & definately felt it for it was around 100' climb & my judgment is pretty good due to so much shooting.

Two days later I found out it had hit on another roll in these hills so around 1.5 miles away. That is two close for comfort as it really dug a big hole in the rocks & dirt.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 PM

I would be more than willing to bet that the lightning did not kill him, although it probably did cause him to wreck. It just seems odd that lightning would choose to ground though a human body rather than the all metal body of the bike which extends much close to the ground. But anyways, yea freaky accedent.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rundog
Not much chance his folks will appreciate the humor........
he as like 40 somthing if is folks are still alive you mean, and i can make it funnier.... but ill stop for the so serious types on ehre
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 06:49 PM

FTR, more lightning strikes occur AFTER a storm than during. Most deaths occur after the storm has passed, because people venture outside to inspect damage etc. If you can hear thunder, you're at risk of a lightning strike.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode