cbr600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

cbr600

f4i vs rr both 2006's which is the way to go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 AM

id go with the RR
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 AM

Spend the little extra for the RR

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:03 AM

RR vs F4i

Totally depends on what you're going to use the bike for. The F4i would be a better "daily driver" for commuting, short distance touring, or for riding with a passenger. The RR would be the more sharply focused weapon for track-day use or aggressive corner carving.

In terms of statistics, there's surprisingly little difference between them- The RR weighs 4 lbs less than the F4i and makes about 10 more rear wheel horsepower. There's only .14 of a second difference in their quarter-mile times 10.71 vs 10.57 in favor of the RR. To the average street rider, this small of a difference in performance is so small as to not even be noticeable. Naturally, the RR costs a bit more- $8999 MSRP vs $8499 for the F4i.

I have noticed that there are dealers who have quite a few non-current model year F4i's in stock and are willing to make big deals on them. In fact, I have a friend who just picked up a brand-new 2004 F4i a few months ago for $6499. A real steal. If you can find a leftover 2005 for a price like that, it might be an important factor in your decision making.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:28 AM

if your gonna be riding almost everyday or even every other day then definitly go with the f4i. as stated b4 the are so close as far as performance goes its all about comfort...and the f4i is much more comfortable. get an 05, the red/silver is the prettiest f4i colour i've seen.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 AM

one of the problems i could be facing in a few months as i am wanting to get rid of my 01 f4i, i love it just want somthing a lil newer and not "tainted" but the new f4i's man i cant get over there 1 seat i think it looks so ugly, but then i do want to take my wife out a bit and such, so i know the f4i would be better but what to do....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:37 PM

i never had a problem with the seat. when your on it your not thinking of the seat

<------the red/silver is the prettiest colour they've come out with. go see it in person the pics dont do it justice. and its the most comfortable seat i have been on. i've been on 1-2 hour rides with no ass pain.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:09 AM

My ass hurts after 20 mins of riding the RR. I've ridden a F4 before, but I feel that the RR is far easier to flick from side to side. If you want some serious fun that you can take to the track, RR is an awesome machine. If you still want 9/10 fun but have a good daily driver with good comfort and seating position, then f4i is good too. You should also look into 04+ gixxers as they have the power too and a good seating position.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 AM

sigh yes i think im going to lean towards an f4i. now im just settling on a year and aprice

man some of the people on cycletrader are on crack. they want like 7k for an 03 f4i and shit wtf are these people thinking
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:10 PM

tell me about it. I can find crisp conditioned f4i with low miles for around 4k.

Best prices to get are on craigslist, local listed bikes, motorcycle forums, and your local car/tuner forums (believe it or not, but lots of tuners have to sell their bike in order to maintain or upgrade their car).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode