Helmet Holder - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Helmet Holder

I always pass other riders that have a helmet mounted to the tail section of the bike. It is sideways and I never see any type of bungee or cargo net holding it on. What is this resting on and how is it secured? Is it just a helmet pin or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:32 AM

Hi want2ride-

It's just what you described in your subject, a helmet holder. The one on my motorcycle uses the ignition key to lock and unlock it. One would typically use it if stepping away from the bike for a moment. My preference is to carry my helmet whenever I go inside a restaurant or whatever.

By the way, it's bad practice to carry a spare helmet in that manner. It bounces and smacks against the motorcycle and should only be used when the motorcycle is parked. If you need to carry a second helmet, secure it firmly to the saddle so it doesn't move around.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM

My bike has hooks under the pillion. You take the seat off, hook the helmet on, and put the seat back on to lock it. I agree with Blue Jays; I would only transport a helmet under a bungee net on the seat.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mkeeney
My bike has hooks under the pillion. You take the seat off, hook the helmet on, and put the seat back on to lock it...
Yep, mine's under the seat, too, but I've got a banana seat. There's a hook on each side of the bike. The only thing I find to be a pain is that the lock is partially covered by the locked-on helmet, making it hard to unlock the seat again.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 PM

So be sensible & carry the helmet Cookee plus room to put your gloves in as well. Do not leave it for the vandals to abuse the helmet. LOL
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:06 PM

yea every bike should have these hooks, to hang your helmet on.
nothing more retarded then when i see people riding without a helmet on yet they have one placed there. and as mentioned i wouldnt leave my helmet attached on the side if your out and about i just bring mine and carry it around.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
So be sensible & carry the helmet Cookee plus room to put your gloves in as well. Do not leave it for the vandals to abuse the helmet. LOL
When I'm in "the big smoke" I never leave my helmet on the bike. However, around my little town, I can even leave it just sitting on the bike without fear of it being stolen. I use the hooks, though, rather than worry about it falling from the bike.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode