riding after a knee injury? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

riding after a knee injury?

I screwed up my right knee and now I get alot of pain If I ride for more than 20 min. on my 02 gsxr. I think I can still ride but just need more legroom so I don't have to bend my leg so much. I was wondering if you guys know of any product that lowers the foot pegs or rear sets with downward adjstability. I really don't want to give up riding or have to buy a harley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 02:22 PM

they make adjustable rear sets where the stance can be less aggressive or vice versa. check kneedraggers.com or somthing there like 350 though ouch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 05:36 PM

Possibly you are asking to much of your knee like this could be the early stages of healing.

Both my knees shot (left hip & left ankle as well) due to work & m/c comp incidents. Often found myself riding shortly after said operations. Sometimes used the more standing up position of an Observed Trials, but then my cafe racer to screaming 350 RD/RZ Yamahas, & whatever else.

I do not think there are special kits to lower the footrest, but you can look at it & think of what a few inches lower, by an extension in some metal should do the trick though You might have to make some changes to the bar to the cog box.

Think it over & think of a small time machinest & what he can possibly churn out for you. We did it many yrs ago when we were converting normal Brit street bikes to road racers what with our own designs of rear set. Thanks to a lathe & a bit of metal we churrned them out including the linkage & just so many other things we had to change in the bike for road racing form.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 06:59 PM

Hi Murph1-

Sorry to hear about the bum knee.

Another option to consider is sports rehabilitation. A good trainer might be able to restore full range-of-motion, reduce swelling, and simultaneously evacuate any remaining edema from the joint. No sense going through life in pain!

~ Blue Jays ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode