Might have to sell my baby - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Might have to sell my baby

Just bought a house and finances are tight. Thinking of selling the bike. It is a 2003 R6 with Yoshi exhaust, new tires, battery. I was thinking of selling it for $5800, is this a fair price? The bike is in perfect condition and it has never been down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:15 AM

I don't know what the prices in your area run at, but that is high for an '03 R6 here in FL. The high NADA retail is 5405, but that seems real high compared to what I've found in FL as well. You can always list it, and if it doesn't fly, try again. Sorry to hear your selling it though. It sounds like a great bike... make sure you get anouther once the finances get back together.

Good luck,
Sepias
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
I don't know what the prices in your area run at, but that is high for an '03 R6 here in FL. The high NADA retail is 5405, but that seems real high compared to what I've found in FL as well. You can always list it, and if it doesn't fly, try again. Sorry to hear your selling it though. It sounds like a great bike... make sure you get anouther once the finances get back together.

Good luck,
Sepias
I beg to differ. Most bikes I find here in florida have a higher price. I would have to beleive this is because there really isn't an off season for riding.

And I think you picked a good time to sell the bike and will get what you ask or close to it. It is the perfect time for riding!!!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 12:43 PM

So often when it comes to a necessary cage, marriage, home or a child MANY a keen rider has to realize that the m/c has to go & possibly come back a bit later under better conditions.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:05 PM

i agree with sep and not with mike. although u do provide a valid point that your not looking at it right

bikes in florida tend to be a little cheaper because there is so many out there and so many people wanting to ride and so many people selling there bikes so it is a competitive market here as opposed to some place where there are fewer bikes and people could ask more.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 04:47 PM

demand in FL is higher and therefore prices will be inflated only when the demand is high, such as spring and summer seasons. Price difference is huge in Florida because of this. This is also true in Cali.

Best bet is to just post it with 5800 OBO... and see what best offer you can get.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 05:38 PM

but demand will only be higher if there isnt enough supply.... and there are alot of bikes here for sale which would mean there is sufficent supply therefore i dont think prices are inflated someone has a bike for sale here i can go within 100 miles and fine somthing similar cheaper if that price was too high
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 06:15 PM

My vote still sits with Skinny. The demand in FL is high, and it is met by alot of sellers offloading there bikes. They have to price themselves competitively if they hope for the sale, which drives down prices. It's like the Xbox 360's on Ebay. When the units were first released, there was high demand and little supply so the prices were through the roof. But after two months, the demand was still high, but there was a larger supply, and the prices dropped alot.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 07:17 PM

You could argue microeconomics and supply and demand all you want, and apply it to the prices in FL. But I've bought 3 bikes so far all from FL, and sold about 2, and I have weekly subscription to Cycle Trader, and of course access to nadaguide and kbb, prices in FL are much HIGHER than those of book value and other states unlike FL or CA.

Prices in winter seem to drop a bit, but only because more people are waiting for the newer bikes, and people don't seem to ride as often at this time of the year. Come spring, people already made their decisions, and newbies or returning riders seem to want to join the big boys asap, so they go ahead and purchase the older bikes, prices go up a bit.

Now prices where there are less bikes being sold, well that just means they have less selections, haven't seen the price to be any higher than in FL.

This is of course generally speaking, and average of things, I am sure some guy in Rhode Island is thinking of selling his '88 FZR600 for $8K.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 07:31 PM

Also doing a little search right now, I just noticed that the "average" (less than stellar) blue book value of that R6 is $5400. And then searching it on cycle trader FL, all the 2003-2004 R6s are well above $6k regardless of mileage, some far as hitting $7k mark. However, there is one going for exactly $5800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode