Dyno pulls today - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Dyno pulls today

Well they brought in a mobile DynoJet dyno and are giving HP Pulls at Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura. No torque #'s as that would take to long, but good baseline hp #'s.
My little F4i pulled a 92.8hp. Has a little dip in the midrange, but we'll work that out. Just some averages I saw while there:

RC51's ~115hp
R6 101hp
GSXR1000 147HP
Harleys ~70 - 75hp
FJR1300 117hp
Goldwings 90hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 01:47 PM

04 f4i... didnt even know they made them that late. when did they stop[ making them? when did they start with the rr's?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 01:50 PM

also another question would be i am looking at pictures and they seem to have a single seat similar to the kawasakis and im not a big fan of that, were any of them seperate seating?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

They still make the F4i's along side the RR's. While I am not a fan of the seat from a visual perspective, my arse sure loves it.

Do a lot of double riding so fit the bill for me. Heart wanted the RR, but logic prevailed being a family man and taking wife & kids for rides.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Here's one from my 996 altitude 7000ft. I'd be skerd to ride it at sea level!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno.jpg (200.2 KB, 71 views)

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JOECBR600F4i
They still make the F4i's along side the RR's. While I am not a fan of the seat from a visual perspective, my arse sure loves it.

Do a lot of double riding so fit the bill for me. Heart wanted the RR, but logic prevailed being a family man and taking wife & kids for rides.
hey i hear ya man. i just dont know if it could grow on me. but your wife likes it? my wife is slowly getting into riding with me more and more as we bought her all the necassary gear. i love my f4i now but i want somthing a lil newer and the seat i have now is like fucking plywood. so you would reccomend
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyJ
hey i hear ya man. i just dont know if it could grow on me. but your wife likes it? my wife is slowly getting into riding with me more and more as we bought her all the necassary gear. i love my f4i now but i want somthing a lil newer and the seat i have now is like fucking plywood. so you would reccomend
Yeah wife got all the good gear, I had to work within a budget for mine, and lately she has not been riding that much, Go figure?? Dang Women!! Plywood seems to be the universal description for the RR seat. Like I said, my seat works for me.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mac020 nice numbers. At least in Colorado you have the cool air effect.
Was pretty hot out here today and he did not have a fan blowing to simulate real riding conditions so I may have picked up a few more that way with ram air in effect. It was free so I am not complaining.
Hey next time I head home, Pueblo, we need to get out and ride. Been thinking of riding out there in late August to see the family.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:53 AM

Re: Dyno pulls today

Quote:
Originally posted by JOECBR600F4i
Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura
Thats where i bought my bike last year do you live near there? i am in orange right now.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Yep, just around the corner in Oxnard. I would never buy a bike there due to past treatment and prices, but they do have an awesome selection and have backed up what they sold to most people I know, just overpriced and do not negotiate much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode