Question about an injury - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Question about an injury

Hi all, a little over 2 weeks ago I wrecked and I got some pretty bad road rash, most of it has healed but my left side is still swollen. It almost looks like a bone is sticking out of my side, and my side is numb as well. The doctor told me the day after I wrecked it was just bruised and swollen, but it has barely went down since the day I wrecked. Should I go back and get this checked out? I was going about 60 when I crashed and I landed on my side pretty hard, so is it normal for something like that to take a while to go down in swelling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:59 AM

Hi purdue1719-

Could be edema that just hasn't been reabsorbed yet. Perhaps you should consider a follow-up visit with the physician? Taking a chance on injuries that aren't healing correctly just isn't worth the long-term risk to your health.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Strength and Honor

Yuppers, go see the doc.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 AM

wear you whering any gear if so how did it old up if not did you learn your lesson?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
could be an infection....def go get it checked out....just isnt worth the risk

that made dropping acid seem like a mild cure for boredom

'95 F3 Smokin Joe - tried to kill me, so i returned the favor and parted it out

'03 "Titanium" CBR 954 - frame sliders, reupholstered seats, cut and gutted stock exhaust, -1/+2 520 conversion, BMC race filter
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyJ
wear you whering any gear if so how did it old up if not did you learn your lesson?
Man I'd have to think he was wearing gear going down at 60. If he wasnt wearing gear I'd think he'd still be in the hospital.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:05 PM

tru im assuming he had a helmet on but what if he just had like a hoodie or somthing ya know, thats all just wondering and then if he was im just wondering what gear he had and what his thoughts on it were etc
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 05:00 PM

well, I hope you were wearing the gear shown in your new riders' post. By side, did you mean side of your chest? you may have broken some ribs, but as long as you're not having problems breathing it will just take a while to heal.

You know your body best, so if something still feels uncomfortably wrong, go see a doctor immediately. I'd hate to say it but MDs are humans too and things can be overlooked, so getting things double checked, especially when it doesn't feel right is not a bad idea.

edit: unless you don't have insurance, then you may have to suck it up a bit get better soon man.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 05:06 PM

if the area is still swollen, then your body is not removing the excess body fluids in that area. Mainly joints have problems when swelling. Taking advil will help, but if you seen no change, go see a doctor. They may prescribe nabumetone tablets. I'd also suggest taking either vitamin E or anti-oxidents for boosting the immune system. Get enough sleep and eat proper.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

for those wondering about the crash itself, check out this post http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=58654 this was the thread i made right after i crashed....i was wearing a helmet but other than that, jeans and a polo, so i got pretty ripped up....pretty lucky only being sore and nothing broken for going that fast tho, my shoulder is still sore, but i already had x-rays and nothings broken and its a million times better than it was right after i crashed....my side did go down some, but my next day off is monday and if its not gone by then im gonna go in. thanks for the tips though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode