The big 30... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

The big 30...

So my bike has finally hit the big 30... It has a little over 1/3 the miles that my car has now lol. I have the bike for 8 months and have put 1/4 the number of miles I have put on my car that I have had since I was 15... O well, this is more fun to ride Anyways, anything special I should look into for the bike as far as repairs go? Nothing big was mentioned in my Haynes manual, but you all have the experience and I trust your opinions more... well some of you Anyways... 30,000 down... 100,000 atleast to go!

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 07:46 PM

Our little girl rolled over to 40,000km the other day. No fanfare, she just kept zippin' along. We picked her up at 11,000km, so she's done 29,000km in about 18 months.

I think I'll treat her to a drink of black gold.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Do you think a tank of 103 is in order for the two of em?.... nevermind... I don't spend that much money on my moms B-day, much less my bike...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
Do you think a tank of 103 is in order for the two of em?.... nevermind... I don't spend that much money on my moms B-day, much less my bike...
Nothing special. Sh*t, I might even WASH her! Actually, it's about time she got naked and let me rub my hands all over her. (ie: strip the panels off and polish them.)

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
Actually, it's about time she got naked and let me rub my hands all over her....
I thought we were talking about our bikes, not your wife! lol.

Sepias
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 PM

gosh, my F2 only has 22k, and I used to ride it everyday. I bought some new goodies for her today, so I'm gonna actually start working on some custom fiberglass stuff for the F2 with a rear led tail light from the RR.

I got my motorcycle grove back. I love my workplace, they gave me a cake to cheer me up since they knew I had some legal troubles.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Glad to hear your back on top. Remember, everyone sh!ts themselves at some point, just don't forget to change your underwear!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:33 PM

@ 30k, I'd look into making sure all of the chassis bearings - swingarm, suspension linkage, and steering head - are lubed. Cables should also be lubed, and the radiator hoses & brake lines should be visually inspected.

Check the tightness of engine mounting bolts & fairing fasteners, and ride............
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

I've already done the bolts and fastners, the radiator hoses are fine. I need to get my brake fluid changed as well as the tire, so I'll get the rest lubed while thats being done. Thanks for the input.

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode