The Squid Maker - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

The Squid Maker

So I was at Road America on Sunday for the AMA Suzuki Duoble Header and ran into a pretty long line for the wheelie machine (has anyone else ever seen this thing?) For $20 you can hop up on this R6 mounted to some kind of wheelie contraption (I thought they were dyno testing when I first saw it). Squid after squid shelled out $20 to get on this thing and ride a "wheelie" without fear of tipping over. Part of me was glad that they were learning to do it on this contraption rather than in front of my house, until I realized that after successfully conquering the machine, that they would be out in force practicing their new found skill. Well, at least there was umbrella girls and kick ass racing to entertain the rest of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:47 AM

Hi Jmccoy23-

It also sounds like it would be lots of fun for someone like me who would never risk damaging my motorcycle to perform wheelies. I might consider something like that as simply a goofy diversion while spending a weekend at the races.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

That is a possibility, and I could really care less what people spend their $$ on, but we all know that some clown went home after this and tried to do the same thing on a new bike with t-shirt and flip flops on. Not that I am against the process of natural selection thinning out the herd, I just really hate skyrocketing insurance rates.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 PM

Hi Jmccoy23-

We're in 100% agreement on the insurance rates component. I would think that even after "mastering" the wheelie machine there are variables for which can't be accounted on the street. Stunting in public is an absurd practice.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:20 PM

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but like Blue Jays, I don't want to hurt my bike trying it myself... I seem to do that well enough just riding But I also agree, that plenty of go home and think "this is easy!" and rip one off and probably loop their bikes or just launch them into their neighbors cars... People lack common sense...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:57 PM

I wonder if the guy who owns that machine also owns a bike repair shop???

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
I wonder if the guy who owns that machine also owns a bike repair shop???

Haha, thats good, think outside the box

I don't want to sound like a complete squid but I know I would jump on that thing and ride a wheelie just to get the feeling for once. I'll probably turn up roadkill.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oreo321321
Haha, thats good, think outside the box

I don't want to sound like a complete squid but I know I would jump on that thing and ride a wheelie just to get the feeling for once. I'll probably turn up roadkill.

Your not sounding like a complete squid Oreo. I too have thought stunting I wouldn't want to f up a bike doing it. It sounds like fun though. I can imagine the huge grins of those riders on that thing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 PM

20 bucks to sit on a motorcycle on one wheel? Shit, just put a 12 bar on your bike and tell ppl to pay 10 bucks to see how you'd feel about 12'in a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode