unofficial poll, how many squids in your area? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Talking unofficial poll, how many squids in your area?

Just today I started thinking about it after I rode all day. Started counting the people I saw geared up vs the squids. Today the squids were winning hands down, about 4 to 1 here in wisconsin. I also was getting burned on the waves, wasnt even getting them from the sportbike squiddies today.....

Side note on the squids. I dont like em, think they are dumb, but I do understand its their choice. What I dont understand is the girls on the back. Fine, you dont want to wear gear, thats your deal, but what the hell are these girls thinking. All the girls I know dont have nearly that much faith in their boyfriends to go hopping around on the back unprotected, and frankly, I wont LET someone ride 2 up with me unless they are protected, ESPECIALLY if it is someone I care about. I guess I just dont get it. Cute girls are a precious commodity, ya cant just risk hotness like that, it should be a crime.

Last edited by kypdurron62; 06-04-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM

about 5 squids to one geared up. A buddy of mine and I met up on the road. He and I were the only ones we saw that had even PANTS on.

when the guy with the wife beater, shorts, and nikes goes down. . . ouch. . .
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 PM

Wow... it's really hard to tell the ratio. Here in SoCal, probably 15-20 squids to 1 geard up rider. Once the sun came out, so did the squids. Sometimes, out of all the bikers out there (sport and cruiser alike), I feel all alone on the road. Practically none of the cruiser crowd has any gear on, besides the useless half-helmet, and very few sportbikers have proper gear. All have helmets, but that's where it stops for the most part. Tshirts, shorts, and tennis shoes (or sandals) is the most popular and most common attire for our sportbiking bretheren. Oh, for shame

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, the amusing thing for me is the groups, and you can see their little minds working, around here you can tell they are sitting there thinking your the retard because of the gear. I actually had a girl who I wouldnt give a ride to because she thought helmets looked stupid and would mess up her hair.

Quite possibly the dumbest person I had ever met. She got no ride
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 AM

to many here i see them all the time shorts. t-shirt , sneakers and no helmets. i hate seeing it because when they go down it raises our insurance.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:28 AM

There are five sportbikes in this little town, and I'm the only one that wears a helmet.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:51 AM

There are actually not too many squids in my area. There are probably two geared up riders for every squid.

I was driving through Toronto yesterday, and I was suprised to see most of the riders were wearing jacket, gloves and lid. There were a lot of guys wearing sneakers though.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:04 AM

8 to 2 squids here in the bronx. Though a few squids were wearing the biker vest and had their girls on the back. This bike invesment is costing me. Now I already figure on a second helmet but now I need to get a jacket for my girl too Well anyway I figure I won't have a girl with me untill I have a season under my belt. Don't need another squid and a biker bitch on the road
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Strength and Honor

I've worked in a college town. Nuff said.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:02 AM

Re: unofficial poll, how many squids in your area?

Quote:
Originally posted by kypdurron62
What I dont understand is the girls on the back. Fine, you dont want to wear gear, thats your deal, but what the hell are these girls thinking. All the girls I know dont have nearly that much faith in their boyfriends to go hopping around on the back unprotected, and frankly, I wont LET someone ride 2 up with me unless they are protected, ESPECIALLY if it is someone I care about. I guess I just dont get it. Cute girls are a precious commodity, ya cant just risk hotness like that, it should be a crime.
amen, I rode up ACH this past saturday and sunday, and it just amazes me how many people were underdressed for canyon riding... especially when they have a female passenger in shorts and shirt and only a helmet, it's a sad sight to see.

But you can't judge just the riders without gear as squids, some are also in full leather, in a new liter bike without any experience, or in my case yesterday, we had a group that kept crossing the double yellow line to pass us (we were going around speed limit since we had a new canyon rider with us) only to stop to take a short break and then pass us again. It was getting rather annoying and rather dangerous as one of the riders crossed the double yellow and kept going to the opposite white line through a turn to pass us, my face was like as I thought he was going too hot and was gonna crash.

Oh, and back on topic... I can't count how many squids I see on the road, there's just plenty out here in socal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode