Saturady Ride , a day at the Drags.. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Saturady Ride , a day at the Drags..

Me and my wife and a good freind and his wife rode out to Toledo Bend Lake Saturday..Its the largest man made lake in the country and is located on the Texas , Louisiana border just north of our house..There was once a city located right in the middle of the thing and when the shuttle blew up over Texas a few years ago some of the parts and peices landed in it..

The pictures posted is a observation deck on the Texas side over looking the Dams electrical generators that are opened every evening to generate power for most of the folks along the lake..Its also a very good bike gathering point for people riding Texas HWY 87..The old guy talking to my buddy happened up on us and was just up and riding again after his Harley fell over on him and broke his foot..Its a very long story but he told us he blacked out turning into the park and rode down a revene and woke up with the bike on top of him..

The other couple of shots are of the race car at Evadale Raceway today..We finally shook the car down after the new motor and suspension work and with the wrong gear in the car it ran a 10.50 @ 126 hitting the limiter at the 1000' mark..We called it a day early because of a crack found in one of my rear wheels which have been packed and are being sent out tomorrow..The car has a low 20 in it in the heat and hopefully a high 9 once we get back into the fall air..I have the right gear ready to install and will hopefully get back to the track later this month..

There was a group of sportbikes running with a new ZX-14 running 9.98 @ 148 that was as stock as they come that impressed the crap out of me..Also was a R6 driver with a small shot of nitrous go 9.95 @ 142 then wreck the bike on the return road impressing the fans with trying to ride a wheelie..I guess he got to close to the wall and his pegs scraped and put him down..The bike was fine but he broke a few fingers...Now if I can get a big enough set of nads to get the CBR out there !! Enjoy..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:20 PM

Nice photos. Did the HD rider happen to pass out because his exhaust was backing up into his face There is a reason why I don't stunt, and that guy breaking his finger is a good example. Just more crap to go wrong when you do stuff like that. Nice car and bike too.

Sepias
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
Did the HD rider happen to pass out because his exhaust was backing up into his face
We talked to him for awhile about that and he didn't have a answer as to why..But he was on a huge lowered Road King and with about 800lbs of motorcycle on you I imagine he was lucky it ws only a ankle...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 PM

Hi SoSlow-

Very cool pictures! They're very clear...what kind of digital camera did you use for the snapshots?

~ Blue Jays ~
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi SoSlow-

Very cool pictures! They're very clear...what kind of digital camera did you use for the snapshots?

~ Blue Jays ~
Thanks Blue Jays the pictures were shot with a Fuji S9000..Its a 9megapixel almost Digital SLR..It doesn't have a removable lens but you can add to the one that is on it..With a 10.5 optical manual zoom you can get very close to your shots..I've had it about 4 months now and really like the feel of the camera plus it has a wide range of shooting capabilites..

It was between it and the Canon rebel XT and after comparing similar photos I went with the Fuji because IMOP they were just as good plus the camera can be bought for under $500 now...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoSlow
We talked to him for awhile about that and he didn't have a answer as to why..But he was on a huge lowered Road King and with about 800lbs of motorcycle on you I imagine he was lucky it ws only a ankle...
With that much weight, yea he got very lucky. Surprised he didn't break his leg or even loose his foot.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:05 PM

Hi SoSlow-

That was my mistake in making my digital camera purchase...I placed too much a premium on having small size...so I have a Canon PowerShot S200, which can't come close to what you have in terms of vivid colors and sharp definition. In reality, digital cameras are carried in a small bag anyway, so the slight size penalty for the more sophisticated camera is completely worth it!

That oldtimer should consider sturdy boots instead of soft loafers and maybe his feet won't get hurt near motorcycles so much! The helmet is a very cool throwback to Peter Fonda in Easy Rider though!

~ Blue Jays ~
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:56 PM

Good shots. I notice, though, that the car fouled on both launches in the pics . Post up some more pics if you have em. THey look good.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi SoSlow-

In reality, digital cameras are carried in a small bag anyway, so the slight size penalty for the more sophisticated camera is completely worth it!

I know exackly what you mean..This camera is big (not heavy) and has a big 35mm feel but fits in the top on my Manta Tank bag just fine..I take it on most all outings because you just never know what you might come across..

The helmet was pretty cool though...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lateott_156
Good shots. I notice, though, that the car fouled on both launches in the pics . Post up some more pics if you have em. THey look good.
I know ,I know I was hoping nobody would notice..That's from not being in the seat since November so later in the day it got better..You can go to my website below my signature to see more shots of just about everything..
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode