fucking cops stole my bike!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

fucking cops stole my bike!!

Not really, but they siezed the gixxer. Long story.

It, its official. I hate every god damn person on this planet. I hope the sun blows up and kills everyone.

My friend that I was going to sell my gixxer to that I bought from a guy who bought it through an auction house went to the dmv and got the bike checked out. I have the bill of sales from the auction house and from the previous owner. Well the vin number turned out to be stolen, big suprise there, but the bike was wrecked and sold through an auction house. This was yesterday when I found out that the bike was stolen.

So today, DMV people called me up saying they wanted to pick up the bike today. I was at work in a meeting, very important meeting I might add, and got this phone call from DMV. The DMV "officer" said he had to pick up the bike because it was stolen and said if I didn't comply, he would charge me for possesion of stolen goods and whatever its called... obstruction of justice. So I hanged up on him cause I was pissed off, that and I couldn't hear a damn word he was saying since I don't get recieption on my cell phone at work and turned it off till the end of the meeting.

I turned it back on and I have 3 voice messages from the guy saying that if I don't comply, he'll charge me. So I tried to call him back around lunch time, but he was only avaliable between 8am and 10am. I get a voice mail from some Raleigh police guy saying he was following up on a stolen bike lead and I also get another voice mail from the Apex police.

So I called the Apex Police officer but he wasn't avaliable at the time, but when I hanged up my phone, the DMV "officier" calls and I talked to him for real this time. He was the biggest asshole I have ever talked to in my life. He didn't even state his full name or that he was an officer, just said he was from the DMV and needed to pick the bike up. I tried to reason with him saying I have paperwork from the auction house, but he didn't care. I told him that I'll help him out with all the legal stuff with paperwork, but again he didn't care. He was going on like 50 times saying that he'll charge me for obstucting justice and some shit like that, threating me. I don't like to be threated. He said he wanted to check the bike's VIN number and to seize the bike, but I didn't want the bike seized just yet till I talk to cop. His attitude was totally not professional and he should quit his day job.

I kept tellin him, I'll help him out, but I have to talk to a cop first. So after 15 mins of not going anywhere, I told him I'm going to talk to the Apex Police and that was it and hanged up. The Apex cop calls me back and he was more of a down to earth guy that I could talk to and told him my situation that I was gettin hammered in the ass from some asshole about the bike. So I got off work early, fucking basturds, went to my house and met up with the Apex officer and showed him the bike and bill of sales. Then two DMV "officers", bunch of pricks if you ask me, come over and really made me feel like I'm the bad guy that I should be hauled away. I just felt like I wanted to take my baseball bat and wack some reason into them. God damn idiots and assholes.

So the officer and dmv faggots came over and showed me the dispatch of the vin number actually being hot, I was just pretty pissed off. This was around 1pm today. Not that its hot, but the fact that they were going to take the bike away. I tried to say that, why don't they just go through all the paperwork and store the bike here and exhaust all the options, but them faggots got even more pissed off saying that they'll if I don't settle down, they'll take me to jail. Fuck! WTF! Honestly. Its like I'm losing my baby here.

The good thing is that I had receipts for the parts I bought off the bike and gave them that and took off all my parts + some expensive momento's to remember the bike... All they got left was the frame, engine, subframe, tank, rear plastic, and swing arm as everything was off the bike. Then when they hauled the bike away on a flatbed, I got everyone's name and contact number so I can fuck with them later when I get a lawyer.

I'm out 2400 bucks + the parts I paid to get the bike fixed up. Took me 2 hours to take all my parts off. Not only that, but because the asshole of the DMV "officer" was so damn rude to me and I was rude back after trying to reason with him, he gave me a citation for obstruction of justice. I mean wtf!?!? I told him I need to talk to a real cop to make sure he wasn't some faggot asshole prick wanting a free ride. And the real asshole part of the whole thing of the guy was the fact that he called me on my cell phone that my friend gave him because he was threated with the same shit and I was at work.

When he called me at 10am in the morning today, I never knew of him or anything, and he had the nerve to say that he expected me to be at my house at 10am... I'm like... wtf. Everyone has a life too you faggot, time doesn't stop because you need something now jackass. And I didn't know faggot DMV "officers" could give tickets. wtf. I hope that gixxer blows up on the way to the storage facility and kills those dmv officers, well atleast give them a cut or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Oh, when that DMV guy came over first time meeting him, I applogized like a gentleman and told him my reasoning, still that faggot gave me a ticket. What a nerve. Hope he dies.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:49 PM

Holy cow... that's a hell of a day. I'd say definetely get a lawyer and give them a bunch of hell. At least get your $2400 back. That sucks, man, but be glad you still have your other two cbr's

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:02 PM

Re: fucking cops stole my bike!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
Not really, but they siezed the gixxer. Long story.

and took off all my parts + some expensive momento's to remember the bike...
what kinda expensive momentos?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:03 PM

Hi JBaz-

This is precisely why V.I.N. information must be checked before making a private-party purchase. The person who allegedly bought it from an "auction house" was likely lying and using phony receipts so the stolen motorcycle could be fenced for cash.

Since you have all the parts, maybe you should see if you can contact the original owner to see if he wants to sell it back to you. Alternatively, you can tell him that you have all the parts it needs to make it functional sitting in your garage waiting to be reattached to the bike. Tell him you'll sell him the parts and provide the labor for a flat amount of money.

~ Blue Jays ~

p.s. I got a fever, and the only cure is more use of the word "faggot" in the narrative!
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:08 PM

"hanged up"

Get a lawyer.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

After they left, I destroyed 2 pc's and a tv with a sledge hammer and gasoline. I feel much better now, but I still hate them. Except the Apex cop. He's cool. I asked him to be with me at my court date to be a witness because I only complied with him, not a dmv "officer" I don't care if they carry a badge, they aren't real cops. If that stuck up prick doesn't get it, then he can go to hell.

Oh and one more thing. The Two DMV "officers" wanted to see the titles for both the RR and the F2. They prolly thought I had a chop shop going on.

Atleast I kept the rims, voltage regulator, battery, forks, tripple tree, handle bars, and small various bolts and clip ons. If I would have known they were going to sieze it, I would have left them just the frame and motor. I would have taken everything else apart.

Last edited by JBaz; 06-02-2006 at 01:47 PM.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:48 PM

I'm totally fishing in the dark, but if its a rebuilt bike, its maybe possible the same thing happened to you that happened to a friend.

If its a salvage title, its possible that it has more then one vin on it, and maybe the engine or the frame has the stolen vin. Thats what happened to my buds old CB750 that we rebuilt. The engine came from a junkyard, and it turned out when he took it in to be registered that the vin from the engine was stolen. It took him a solid 6 months but he got the bike back.

I dunno just my

That really does suck man, sucks harder than paris hilton in her daddy's hotels.

I know how you feel, the fuzz seized my old '78 Firebird a long time ago in high school, for excessive speeding and running from the cops, but at least that time it was my fault, not like yours where you just got screwed out the ass.

My advice is give the cops every scrap of info you can find on the guy who gave up this auction house info bs, maybe the cops will work with you and if he gives you the cash back, go easy on him or something, if they can find him of course.

Last edited by kypdurron62; 06-02-2006 at 01:54 PM.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

I gave the cops every bit of information I have from the guy and the auction house. I checked the carfax report and says its a clean title... but I guess they suck for motorcycles.

Atleast I can look on the bright side... if there is one... If I had fixed the bike up and rode it around using my F2 tag then get pulled, I would be in a world of shit bigger than I'm in right now.

State and Feds are becoming increasingly Nazi basturds. I told my friends that the dmv guy needs to quit his job, find a big black to rape his ass. (sorry if I offended anyone with this racial slur, but honestly, I don't give a shit at this point.)
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 02:05 PM

Get a lawyer, suck up big time to the real cop that helped you out, and go for blood. It seems you got reemed in the ass. I hope you have the name of the guy that sold the bike to you, as well as a copy of the title and bill of sale. Take him to court and you could even go after the state for how they treated the situation. How long ago was the bike reported stolen? If its been long enough, chances are it can be used in court in your favor. Also, if the bike is registered through the DMV, they should have scanned the vin number and this should have alerted them to the fact that it was reported. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode