Dealership invoice prices? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Dealership invoice prices?

I'm looking for what it costs dealerships to get a CBR600RR (2006). There's a place online, cyclebuy.com, but it's asking $13 for a simple 4 digit number which sounds ridiculous. Are there any other sites that aren't rip offs or does anyone happen to know the invoice price off the top of their head?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:41 PM

13 bucks is a small setback when you think of the money you would save by knowing that four-digit number. They give you a little bit more info too. It may not seem worth it to regular people, but, IMO, it's worth it if you're looking to buy and save some money. That is, of course, unless someone already has the invoice which they'd just share
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 PM

Think about the invoice like this...I went to Circuit City to get a computer. My receipt says $700.00, that's how much I actually spent, but with all of the rebates it comes to $399.00

The receipt price isn't true because of the rebates, but the sale price isn't true either, because you have to spend almost twice as much as the advertised price to get the 'sale price'. A really sorry way of doing business....

Without knowing all the financial back-and-forth between a dealership & a mfg, the invoice price doesn't carry a lot of meaning.

Shop around, check the net, have cash if possible, and don't be afraid to get up & walk, you'll get a good deal.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Well I'm asking mostly out of curiosity. My dealership said they only make a couple hundred bucks on every bike, but that sounded like a load of crap so I was wondering if there was any truth to it.

I am getting a CBR 600RR pretty soon, and I'll be buying it new, and I imagine I'll probably wind up paying the full MSRP, but it'd be nice to know how much I'm actually giving the dealership.

Point being, I'm not trying to find out to use it as a bargaining chip.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brynn
My dealership said they only make a couple hundred bucks on every bike, but that sounded like a load of crap so I was wondering if there was any truth to it.
Sounds like a load of crap to me too. Even car dealers say that. Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, MS, has about the lowest prices I've seen. They list the 2006 600 RR for $7699.99. Since the MSRP is $8999, any dealer who gets the MSRP is making at least $1300, plus whatever Lake Hill is making, plus all their add-on fees. Linky

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode