Early Morning Ride - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Early Morning Ride

I couldn't sleep last night, so I ended up pulling an all-nighter, wasting time. I re-recorded my voicemail greeting about 100 times... did that for a half hour, texted a whole bunch of people, and did other miscellaneous things. Morning came and I was still not tired, so I decided to hit up the local twisties while it was still cool out and while traffic was light. I took my camera with me and took a few shots every here and there. I even thought of Blue Jays at one point in my trip. So I figure I'll share 'em with you guys.

Go Blue Jays!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM

jeez bro, thats a pretty long ride after an all nighter lol. Nice work, I prolly would have fallen asleep right in the saddle.

Nice pics by the way, wish Wisconsin had that kind of scenery on my rides, maybe I would actually take pictures then. I dont bother cuz I figure no one wants to look at 80 foot hills that we call mountains, cows and their poop, and corn.

Weeeee..............
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

I didn't feel at all tired when I left. On the way back is when the woozy wave hit me. Now it's gone again. Well, at least I'll sleep well tonight.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 03:53 PM

Does that dude on the HD have the sick Gieco insurance vest on?!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM

Nice pics! Composition is good - what kind of camera do you have?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
Does that dude on the HD have the sick Gieco insurance vest on?!
Beats me. He was just practice for my panning technique (which I really need to work on).

Quote:
Originally posted by threemo
Nice pics! Composition is good - what kind of camera do you have?
Thanks. Camera is an Olympus SP500 UZ. Great camera for the price. I love it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:21 PM

whoa that road around arrowhead looks pretty nuts. Perhaps I should use a weekend to ride out a little bit east to sample some of those roads... but ACH seems to be a favored playground for me
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:31 PM

Lateott,

Just checked out your camera at the Olympus site. Very cool cam - and very versitile.

I have Olympus' E-volt 300 DSLR and love it. I'll never buy any other camera but Olympus now.

3mo
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad
whoa that road around arrowhead looks pretty nuts. Perhaps I should use a weekend to ride out a little bit east to sample some of those roads... but ACH seems to be a favored playground for me
Yeah, the roads around here are pretty fun. The small road going to green valley is really fun in terms of twistiness, but it sucks in terms of everything else. Gravel in the center of some of the tight turns, water running across the road (from immaginary melting snow? ), and in some parts it's so bumpy, you'd think your offroading. But besides that, hwy 38, 18, and 330 are fun, clean, and have beautiful scenery. I'd love for you to head down this way some time. I don't know anybody on a bike in this area, so unless I take them long ass roadtrips down to ACH or Pally, I get to ride alone. One especially fun road is the 18 heading south to Waterman Ave. (the left part of the loop on my map up there ^ ). It's a 4-lane highway with some pretty good turns. So you can floor it, lean a lot, and see where you're going. Great stuff!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by threemo
Lateott,

Just checked out your camera at the Olympus site. Very cool cam - and very versitile.

I have Olympus' E-volt 300 DSLR and love it. I'll never buy any other camera but Olympus now.

3mo
For my next (and first) SLR, I'm looking to buy a Canon Rebel. I've heard nothing but great things about that camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode