Ok I made ya laugh, now I needs some help from the community... ideas? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Ok I made ya laugh, now I needs some help from the community... ideas?

Ok so the situation is...... no job.... I was a relay operator, and if you know what that is, then you probably know why I dont have a job any more. I got tired of either helping 12 year olds prank people and say penis 40 times in a row, or helping people from africa defraud americans.... anyway thats besides the point.

So... no job, rent coming due in 6 days, bike payment coming due 15 days after that, plus utilities etc etc.

Now I got my ole FZR sitting in my garage, runs nice, mostly stock, 13k miles on it, and I gotta sell it fast. Any ideas? Ive had it in cycle trader but not many bites, so now im getting down to the wire. Its pretty much the only asset I own that I can dump off to cover my bills.

I was thinking ebay, theres a few bikes up there that seem to be getting bid on pretty well, and I think if i priced my girl around 2k that would make it sell, but yeah if anyone else has any ideas I would vastly appreciate it.

Not only do I have to sell it to get the rent bills etc covered, my R6 needs a new set of tires, well it will in a few miles.... like a couple K miles, so thats another few hundred bucks.

So yeah, im kinda backed into a corner here..... harder to sell this bloody thing up in wisconsin than I thought it would when I bought the R6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:23 AM

The R6 is another asset. I doubt that you'd wanna sell that, thouhgh. Maybe you could take out a small loan to cover your bills for the month, find a job within another month, and pay it all back the following month.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Naw the R6 isnt too much of an asset for a couple reasons....

1: its not paid off all the way yet.

2: It's my baby and aside from the Fizzer, the only means of transportation I have at the moment.

As for the bank loan, they already said nuts to me for that. No loan bail out for me, its gotta get sold or I am 100 percent boned.
My credit rating sucks more than Paris Hilton at an NFL party, its like 576 or something like that. Truly pathetic. Everyone else I know is getting house mortgages, and the best I could probably do right now is finance a small shed in their backyards.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:52 AM

Alright, then perhaps you could scratch together the minimum payment for the bike (borrow from a relative/friend?), and nicely ask for a short extension on the apartment bills? There's gotta be some kinda backup plan.

Maybe you could return the flag to the harley dude, and ask if he wants to buy your bike (seeing how he now knows that speed isn't all that useless). I'd say post up the ad on absolutely everything you can think of. Local news paper, ebay, cycletrader, tell all your friends to tell all their friends that you're selling. Kinda the way spammers flood thousands of people with spam email... they know that one or two will bite the hook. So if you have it up everywhere, someone is bound to be interested. Hell, I'd buy it from you, but I'm a bit short on change myself.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:32 AM

I hate to say it bud... but you may want to reconsider your choices all together. Sell both bikes pay off your bills get your credit on track and get back into the sport again.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm just gonna flood the market and pray.

I really dont think its time to sell both bikes yet though, for one thing, I owe enough on the R6 still thats its just not cost effective to sell it, and its my transportation, and frankly, I'd rather be homeless and have the bike. Know the gun quote?

Well they can have my last bike when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

If it absolutely comes down to it yeah I can borrow money from some relatives, but I really hate to do that, I dont like people bailing me out for my own messes.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 03:55 PM

Actaully my buddies used to prank people with the relay operators, and I must say it was hella fun.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:17 PM

Try your hardest to sell the FZR - if it doesn't go (and I hate to say this) then sell it to a dealer.

Get another job quick - Bartend, bounce, landscaping, etc. I made hellie money tending bar when I did - especially with all the bars on state street you might be able to find something quick.

Good luck - let us know what happens.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM

How about looking for a temporary job...quick!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 07:29 PM

Hey you yes you-- drop me an email on here... we might have some talking to do... And I'm down in Franklin so I'm just a hop skip and jump away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode