Sportbike World banner

03' gsx-600 good deal?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Neller0414 
#1 ·
hey yall, i just joined this forum so 1 im stopping by to say hi. 2 i just got an 03' gsxr-600 for 6000$. Very well kept, only 6500 miles and never been dropped, yoshi pipe, scorpio alarm system etc... good deal? Also i rode it around for roughly 30 mins or so and the fram was burning hot!! (where your knees rest agaisnt) Is this normal? Thankx guys

#2 ·
wear your gear. It's not a bad price, but not really a good deal. Not saying you got ripped off, but there are better deals to be had. My friend last year got an 03 gixxer 600 as well with 5k miles for $5k, but it was pretty much stock when he got it and bought it during the winter time when prices are cheaper.

#4 ·
The frame being hot isn't anything to really be concered about IMO. If you were at a low speed that would cause the radiator to not be cooling the bike full on, so the engine will get hot, and since its attached to the frame, it will travel on to it. Just watch the temp guage and so long as its not in the red, your fine. Also, I'd be willing to bet that you were in shorts if you were feeling it that well. If thats the case, ALWAYS WEAR PANTS! I've burned myself to many times just moving my bike around the garage in shorts, and riding in them is just asking for problems especially in a fall.

Good luck, and welcome to the board!

Sepias

#5 ·
I am sort of interested in what you have been riding before, obviously not sportbikes or the question would not be asked? That has me interested for a good chance you have not taken the MSF Course ---------just my guessing.

#12 ·
personally, I don't like SRAD gixxers and the older gixxers, I don't like them as well. My friends with the older gixxers have nothing but problems with them. 01 and up are great and refined a lot compared to the older gixxers. But I'm only caparing the 600 models, not the 750 or 1000.

#14 ·
98Gixxer750 said:

Plus the GSX-R has always been at the cutting edge of street and track performance.

id say more just track until recent years. always extremely cutting edge on the track, yet actually very rough and unrefined for street riding.

funny thing is this is all ive ever heard about gixxers and riding them myself before i thought the same thing...but now my new 06, its like the perfect street bike i think. however, not at the top on the track anymore according to many sources...i wonder why it has suddenly taken a shift. any of you that own an 06 like me, or have ridden one, might have noticed this too, just its a sweet street bike, and super smooth and comfortable. it just seems suzuki cant quite place their finger on making a bike that is #1 street and #1 track...but then again, who can?

and then again, who cares! a bike is a bike, 2 wheels and a motor!

6g for a 03 with over 6k miles...yeah u paid top dollar. this time of year though that's what they sell for, so its reasonable, but i would never pay it. there are much better deals out there, but if you just want a bike NOW and want to ride NOW then that's what you gotta pay, so its fair and your happy i bet so thats all that matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.