Grrr Policia!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Angry Grrr Policia!!!!

So poor B was riding home tonight... and got pulled over!

Ever have one of those yellow lights where you're going the speed limit and you grab the brakes cuz you're "within range" to stop but then you're rear tire starts to slide and you are forced to run a yellow light that has just turned red? That's what happened.

Unfortunately for him, he only has his permit at the moment (MSF and Road test both scheduled for July.) So now it's up to me because I'm the budding soon to be law student to come up with a manageable defense to the skidding through a yellow light.

But as far as the violation of restrictions, I've been informed numerous times that if he gets his license before the court date the ticket will most likely be dropped. Opinions? Ideas? ?

Oh and F4i's are fun to ride! lol... someone had to trek it home-- that someone was me... unfortunately I had to make sure I was next to a curb at all stop lights because I'm only 5'3 and couldn't touch the ground!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:30 AM

Have his court date pused back...I've had lawyers have my court dates pushed back before..... That would give him time to take the test.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:01 AM

Hi All-

The court is clever enough to determine if a proper license was in possession at the time of infraction...but I suppose it can't hurt to have it in hand. Delaying the courtdate could have the other positive benefit of not having the arresting officer make his or her appearance, too! Good luck.

~ Blue Jays ~

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:05 AM

What kind of cop would miss someone riding their brake in attempt to stop?!?! Sounds like he just got a bum deal on that one. But I agree, push the date back so he has his lisence and you could also request the dash cam video to show he was attempting to stop but was sliding.

Good luck,
Sepias
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Sounds like End of the month Itis. At the end of the month cops are more likely to give out infractions to meet their quota. Or so I have been told. The only I time I ever got a ticket and the end of the month was for riding the train without a ticket.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:08 PM

I did that once, I was going about 45 into an intersection and the light turned from green to yellow to red in like 3 seconds. So I slammed on my breakes, slide halfway through the intersection and rolled backwards like an idiot to the stop line.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Karmastuntra
Sounds like End of the month Itis. At the end of the month cops are more likely to give out infractions to meet their quota. Or so I have been told. The only I time I ever got a ticket and the end of the month was for riding the train without a ticket.
Is it still legal for states to have ticket quota's? I know Hillsborough county, if not all of FL, doesn't allow for quota's due to the number of minor infractions that were being brought to court.

Sepias
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 06:30 PM

I've had that sliding through a light happen to me when i first started riding, he prob used too much rear brake and not enough front. Luckly the car turning left didn't go through as i skidded by him. That was one of the most embarrassing things that ever happend to me. Let me tell you those yellow ligths are a hell of a lot scarrier while on a bike.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
Is it still legal for states to have ticket quota's? I know Hillsborough county, if not all of FL, doesn't allow for quota's due to the number of minor infractions that were being brought to court.

Sepias
yes technically the quotas are illegal, but it still goes on, just not on paper anymore.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

I feel kind of bad because when I came to ride his bike back the officer looked at my military id and had that "oh snap" look on his face. The town he was riding in has a lot of respect for that kind of thing... and because of that little thing I've never gotten a ticket in that town. lol. Well I'm setting up his appoinment for as early as I can get him in and if he does get convicted, him taking the MSF course will allow for a three point reduction. From what the dispatch officer said if he brings in his actual M class they'll more than likely drop the points (probably not the fine).

As for the other ticket it's ridiculous, but oh well... hopefully I'll be able to bargain with the DA...but I don't know who that DA is...course it had to be at the one courthouse that I don't know someone! Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode