So I just graduated... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

So I just graduated...

High school, that is. Well, that was slightly anti-climactic....I am enjoying the whole "getting-money-from-people-I-don't-know" thing. Oh well, more time to ride before I leave for the Air Force Academy! Just thought I would share...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 12:55 PM

fuck, you just got out of HS and have a gixxer? and gettin money from un-known sources? I don't remember shit like that in HS.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Oh well, more time to ride before I leave for the Air Force Academy!
Enjoy it too, you won't get to ride that bike for four years!

The Academy doesn't like motorcycles - neither does the military, for that matter - but only the Academy folk are able to go so far as to ban the use of them for all cadets. Sucks, I know, you've probably heard. What do you want to do when you get out of the zoo?

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Oh, I think I might have a loophole about the whole academy hating bikes thing...or I'll just ride anyway! To answer your question, I am going to be an aerospace engineer. And to Jbaz, the reason I have a gixxer is due to me selling my truck that I restored and the fact that my parents don't have to spend a dime on me for college, so, unlike many, I have actually earned my toys.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 07:42 PM

Took me 3 years to save enough money in HS to buy my eclipse (pos). shit, took me a year to save up enough money to get my first bike. Atleast now, my marketing job pays for my 3 bikes and more. If I had a steady gf, I think I would be in debt by now. Atleast by the end of summer, I'll start taking my bikes to the track after they are built.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:10 PM

71Custom -

Do you want to major in Aero Engineering, or is that what you want to do in the Air Force after you get out of the Academy?
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:15 PM

And what loophole are you thinking of? I'm sure you could just ride anyway and it wouldn't be a big deal, unless you had an accident and were hurt, then the Academy would try to screw you. A few years ago, a friend of mine (while I was a cadet) went down during a ride in Colorado Springs, was hospitalized. Of course the Academy found out right away, and the first thing the AOC (academy official dude, you'll find out later) did when he visited him in the hospital wasn't to say "are you okay, how are you feeling?" but handed him down his punishment, which was like one or two steps down from dismissal. Anyway I don't want to freighten you or anything, you just have to use your head when you're there.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 09:44 PM

Hi 71custom-

Good luck at the Air Force academy, it will probably be a great adventure. You won't be successful trying to "hide" anything from senior officers. They'll figure you out instantly. Happy engineering!

~ Blue Jays ~
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
Took me 3 years to save enough money in HS to buy my eclipse (pos). shit, took me a year to save up enough money to get my first bike. Atleast now, my marketing job pays for my 3 bikes and more. If I had a steady gf, I think I would be in debt by now. Atleast by the end of summer, I'll start taking my bikes to the track after they are built.
A steady GF will definately drain your funds $$$$$$$ Trust me I know
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Yeah, then again, a stream of bad 1st dates also drain your funds too. Dumb freeloading bitches. Thats why I have a developed the 20 dollar 1st date policy. If the girl sticks around after the 1st date without blowing your $20 1st date budget, she could be the one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode