Found This - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Found This

I found this link on another forum that I read occasionally. I am too tired (its 1:12 am!) to comment now. However, I do have a lot to see but in the mean time I thought you guys could read this.

LINKLINK

The video half-way down is good to watch too

Last edited by Monty1000; 05-18-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:25 PM

I could see and understand some of his points, they are stereotypes, but I still get what he is saying (there are a ton of morons on are types of bikes)...until this line:
Quote:
AND I always try to slap them with tickets whenever I can.
I'd say I cant believe it, but I can, unfortunately, that kind of mentality from SOME cops is why I cant f-ing stand cops. The poster GoGo Gadget seems to be the only non-stereotyping pig on there.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 PM

my "unsafe lane change" ticket make more sense having read what some cops do when they see a sportbike.

There are lots of biker gangs riding HD's robbing and killing people, why dont they profile cause of that...its just ridiculous.

OH and i saw a guy on a harley one time...ya...he didnt wave back at me...i think i'll flip off every HD rider from now on ;P

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan6615
I could see and understand some of his points, they are stereotypes, but I still get what he is saying (there are a ton of morons on are types of bikes)...until this line: I'd say I cant believe it, but I can, unfortunately, that kind of mentality from SOME cops is why I cant f-ing stand cops. The poster GoGo Gadget seems to be the only non-stereotyping pig on there.
I have a lot of respect for cops but unfortunatly like sportbike riders...there are squid cops as well.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:27 PM

Really interesting to see from their point of view... although I am glad that there are some rational LEOs who share the interest. I would grudgingly pull over for me being caught speeding and receive my due (and have done so without bickering), but to be singled out or even harassed because of my choice of transportation is just ridiculous! And if a harley or a toyota gets a break for going 15 over the limit by a particular cop, I would expect the same treatment as a sportbike rider.

Watch this vid: http://www.break.com/index/copbike.html

HAHA.

It's a funny thing to be reading this though. Because today around 8 pm, when it's still dusk, 5 or 6 fives sportbike riders pull up behind few cars in a local main hwy from a local bike night probably, bustling with people and few patrol cars here and there. Then right after the cars get moving, they all begin to pass the cars in front of them in a squidly fashion. Most if not all are wearing proper gears, and all sporting full helmets. And the first biker to pass riding a gsxr600, pulls up a 11 or 12 o'clock clutch wheelie right in front of the car he passed, 10-15 feet distance at most, while other riders are right behind this guy.

C'mon, even I wished there was a cop there, this guy deserved to be nailed.

IMO, squids aren't always easy to spot, and it's not always young, inexperienced punks, discriminated by their lack of protective clothings. Squids can be anyone riding irresponsibly, poor decision maker - such the attitude expressed by simple flick of wrist at the wrong time and place - whether the rider is experienced or otherwise.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 AM

U guys do know there already was a thread for this cops thread in this forum.... just chiming in.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 05:08 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by kypdurron62
U guys do know there already was a thread for this cops thread in this forum.... just chiming in.
It was in the Redline forum, which not everyone frequents since they aren't part of Redline.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 06:50 AM

I dont see the big deal. Even the thread starter, with all his prejudices, says he doesnt pull anyone (sportbikes included) unless they are 20+ over. Which is pretty linient in my book. Furhtermore, I'm suprised how many officers singled him out for selective enforcement, and toward the end of the thread, his tone changes considerably. So he doesnt tolorate wheelies, why in the world would you expect a cop to let you go with one?

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 07:16 PM

You will definately run into cops that are more forgiving than others. My father is a NYCPD officer and I was just talking to him about this topic the other day. He told me that cops even have problems with each other while at work because of some being more hard ass than others. Unfortunately there are a lot of cops out there that got picked on in high school and think who they are because they have a badge. My dad doesn't mind bikes, no matter what kind. He said the only bikers he has had problems with in the city were hardcore biker gangs like the hells angels. Supposedely they like to ride on the sidewalks. I am currently on the list to become a police officer, As soon as I get enough credits and turn 21 I will most likely be hired, but I am not going to be a cop to give every motorcycle rider a ticket.. You have to admit, there are squids out there riding through heavy traffic in shorts and a t-shirt with sandals doing a wheelies. These are the motorcycle riders who give us respectable riders a bad name. Wheelies are my favorite thing to do, but not in rush hour traffic.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 PM

I have nothing against officers...however I think he was being borderline stereotypical about sportbikers. Besides that I would hope that a police officer could spell words correctly that he would use to stereotype others with (but that is just my humble opinion.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode