what do you wear under your leather suit?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

what do you wear under your leather suit??

just wondering here what people wear under their leather suit when they ride??? do u just throw on a tshirt then the leathers, nothin under the pants?? or you got sum sorta cotton long johns to help soak up the sweat and not stink up the leather that much under the pants??

since i just got my new bike i went out and ordered a good 2 piece suit, just wonderin if im to wear the pants bear on me, or wear sumthin under them, i dont want them to stink up too bad too quick, i figure sumthin under there to soak up sweat wuld be good.

any suggestions....

thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 AM

I go with boxers and a tight fitting T. At the track I notice a lott of people wearing frighteningly short swim trunks. Makes sence, you are in leathers all day long, so its nice to wear something so you can take off the leathers between sessions quickly.

Do a search for "How do I wash my leathers in the washing machine" or something along those lines. Its a thread dad (what ever happened to him?) put long time ago about some magical detergent.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 06:17 AM

I wear the same kind of stuff under my leathers as I do under my Hockey gear. It's called coolmax. It's a long sleeve shirt, and pants that fit like long underwear, but work to keep sweat away from your body, and keep you cool.

You can get it at any sports store. Canadian Tire Probably has it on sale because Hockey season is over.

Pete

98 600/750 Gix

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Vash

Do a search for "How do I wash my leathers in the washing machine" or something along those lines. Its a thread dad (what ever happened to him?) put long time ago about some magical detergent.
http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=47040

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

thnx fer da info, will look into teh coolmax thing at canadian tire!!! sounds like a good sweat absorber , ill probably wear that kind of stuff if i know im just goin fer a ride, if im goin other places most likely a tight fitting t-shirt

good post on the leather washing, we just got a new front load washer at home, so i guess that wuld be a good thing to have, although im sure i will need sum febreeze too, can't wash the leather after every ride, lol

thnx guys
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:47 PM

Hi Babu-

What I wear beneath my leathers depends on where I'm going. Generally speaking, that could be something like thin Capilene garments or even just workout tights and a tee-shirt. The garments are usually tight and form-fitting to allow the leathers to "slide" where needed.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

just went out lookin fer clothes fer under my leather, culdn't find the coolmax stuff, they said its gone fer da winter, but went to sport check and found sum great under armor and nike stuff, although its not cheap, but then again wut nike or under armor stuff is.

bought a REALLY tight fitting long sleeved shirt, the thing loox like its a belly button shirt, but when u put it on it stretches to form around u, and i got teh XL one too, dam, as soon as i tried it on, it felt awesom, felt cooler just when i put it on, also bought the same version of the long pants, also very tight fitting, they feel great, will allow leather to slide on it and will whick away moisture great. both the stuff i bought was nike, they had a buy one get teh second half off thing, so i bought both nike, plus they were like 20 bux cheaper than the under armor stuff.

was 49.99 CAD fer the shirt, and same price fer da long pants i believe. this stuff fits great, any shape u are it will stretch and form to it, fits like a wet suit so dam tight, and its nice and silky so leathers will slide on it good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode