God bless bikers in cages - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Talking God bless bikers in cages

Yesterday, while riding home from work, I ran out of fuel. I knew I was cutting it fine, but I fell short of the service station by about 1km. I called Mrs Tree, told her I'd be late, then started pushing. Luckily, the little 250 is light!

Anyway, I'd only gone about 100m when a car pulled up with a family of four in it. They offered me a lift to the servo to get a can of fuel. Turned out the parents not only ride (BOTH have R1's!), they also race a side-car.

So, they gave me a lift to the servo, then took me back to my bike. The guy then helped me pour the fuel in my bike and get it started again. After all that, they followed me to the servo, bringing with them the fuel can, so I could return it.

I know they'll never read this, but I'd just like to send a huge "Thank You!" to Michael and his family.

God, I love bikers in cages!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 PM

You have some good luck their Cookee! When I wrecked the other day I had a couple of cagers stop to laugh at me, frigin bastereds, but I was also laughing at myself as well. Glad to hear you made it out alright though.

Sepias
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Good people "do" exist , just a little hard to find 'em these days .

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

I believe in good karma, so it was a bizarre afternoon.

Not long after I'd left work, I was riding through this one area, that's zoned for wildlife. I came across two HD's, one being ridden by a chick. They were stopped, so I pulled up to see if they were okay. Apparently, she just needed a break, so off I rode...

...About 20 mins later, I ran out of fuel and the above story occurred...

...It was then amazing that, as I was filling my bike up at the servo, a van pulled in with a flat tyre. Out piled five girls (aged 5 - 15) and their folks. Having just being "rescued" myself, I went straight over and asked if they needed help. The guy thanked me for my offer, but said he'd be right, so off I rode again...

...Finally, just as I was entering my town, I rode past a biker who was stopped on the side of the road. I did a quick u-turn and went back to see if he was okay. He was still an hour from home and had just pulled over to call his wife to let her know he was still alive.

Man, what a day for doing good deeds! Sounds like the plot from Pay It Forward, hey?

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 02:30 PM

I stop and help bikers when they are on the side of the road no matter if I'm on the bike or in a car, when I can that is. Expecially girls.

I stopped and helped a girl that went down at a turn because of sand on the pavement. She was hot and was riding a little 250 rebel. She gave me her number.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:45 PM

awe sepias.... lol laughing at you thats messed up dude.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:49 PM

I think they threw a cigarette butt at me as well, but it didn't hit me. I don't give people like that the time of day though. I also tend to stop and help any bikers, or hott female cage drivers, when they have problems. I stopped to help out a harley the other day that was actually running just fine, he just blew out a tire. I was a bit shocked that it wasn't a mechanical problem

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode