Ban cell phone drivers! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Ban cell phone drivers!

I want a Ban on cell phone drivers on the road. They need to push for hands-free systems or ban them completely. I hate them all.

I just got rear-ended on the F2 coming back from lunch. I was at a stop sign and I waited for the car to pass before I go. I was at a full stop on level ground. Then a bitch on a cell phone rams in the back of me. I didn't have the breaks on so I go flying almost into the intersection. I applied the front breaks but because I was turned a bit to the right, I had to lay the f2 down. But I did it slowly.

I looked behind me and the bitch didn't even notice that she hits me! She was still turned looking left on the cell phone. I looked at my bike and not much damage since its a streetfighter bike again, flicked her off, propped the bike up, turned her on, and did a wheelie out of the intersection.

Fucking bitches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 AM

Re: Ban cell phone drivers!

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
and did a wheelie out of the intersection.

cool good idea, get hit again while doing a wheelie, im sure you will be fine.

i had a friend get killed doing a wheelie out of an intersection, but do what u want, just seems like normal people, when just being rear ended by some idiot, normally wouldnt put themselves in more danger directly after that.....but whatever

back to the situation, if it were me, i woulda picked my bike up, put it right in front of her car, walked up to her window, opened up her door and if it was locked i would hit her window repetitively, and if she tried to drive off i would kick her door in and do as much damage to her vehicle as possible. but thats just me. if it was a big guy, like atleast 6'2 225+ lbs...i might not. but a dumb bitch, yes i would. then if she drove off and hit my bike, i would call the cops and id pretend to be hurt and then sue her for whatever i could...only cause i hate people, especially dumb bitches like that
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:50 AM

Dude, you missed your chance for new body work. She was obviously at fault, you had to lay the bike down, you might have even been slightly injured. Sure the bike has no body work right now, but I'm sure you could have pointed out lots of stuff that was "broken" in your fall. Always call the cops and get a police report. You had a lot of leverage since she was on the phone; an attorney could have helped you out.
Also, two weeks ago here in Rome, a guy was killed when he wheelied out of the Hooters parking lot and broadsided a truck. Doing a wheelie away from there only made her feel like she didn't do anything wrong.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:54 AM

yea y didnt you go talk to her and get insurance or somthing then say your fairings are all scrapped up, your chain is busted, you need a new exhaust shit ur tire got a hole in it
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 10:00 AM

Hi JBaz-

You made a HUGE mistake due to a moment of macho testosterone poisoning. First of all, you should have never left the scene of the accident. The motorcycle should have been laying in the roadway for when the police arrived. Let the traffic get tied-up and delayed...it was a serious accident and it's a miracle you weren't injured or killed. If she tried to drive away, you would have a license plate, vehicle description, several witnesses, and the moral highground.

Don't treat traffic accidents personally. If one is "in the right" they need to stay cool and interact rationally with the police officers and insurance companies who will get the mess solved. As it stands now, you just have an interesting story to tell on the internet for your troubles.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 10:05 AM

i dont know if i would have moved the bike, depending on how busy an intersection, i mean that could cause other problems/wrecks. i have a moto razor so i would have taken pics and picked it up made that bitch move to the nearest parking lot and posted up till the po' po's got there
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 10:09 AM

Hi All-

Not to mention her cellular bill would clearly reflect she was on the telephone at the time of the accident.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:29 PM

Re: Ban cell phone drivers!

In Australia, it's illegal to use a cell phone while driving, unless you have a hands-free. You have to pull over and answer it. You'll cop 3 demerit points and about a US$175 fine.

JBaz, the wheelie was not the way to finish things. You should have nailed her to the wall, legally.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 02:28 PM

some states are like that and pretty soon it will prolly be all but its happening slowly
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

My F2 is not legal and I don't want to hassle with cops. Btw, I didn't just wheelie right into the intersection. I turned then wheelied out of the intersection. I was pissed off and my chinese food in my backpack was everywhere.

btw, it was a slow fall, slow enough to where it didn't scratch anything, then again, I don't have any farings on the bike, no gauges, no headlights, nothing, but the tank, seat, and rear tail lights. And I may not have insurance on the bike... or updated inspection... or updated tags... but this is speculation since I never look at my paperwork. If its working, its fine to me.

atleast I had gear on

Last edited by JBaz; 05-12-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode